Thread: Sony HDR-UX3E 60FPS Slowmotion function

1. Default Sony HDR-UX3E 60FPS Slowmotion function

Hi,

I have a Sony HDR-UX3E (1080i Full HD) camcorder. It has a slowmotion function wich records on 60 frames per second..

I can definatly see that the quality is more less than normal, but also the brightness isn't normal, it's darker than normal, I almost can't record in my house because it's too dark..

How can I change this? Also the shot that I 've recorderd, is a bit blurry..

I have the HDRUX1 and I know exactly what you are talking about.

It seems the iris just cant open enough to compensate for the fps your camera is trying to simulate. You will need to increase the light your using for slow motion to work.

I dont really know what to say about the blurryness. Ive had the same problem when using my little camera for an engineering bridge breaking competition. Im guessing its just an codec problem. The camera may have to lower the bitrate inorder to create 240 fps. Then again, it could also just be the lack of light.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by daleworkman View Post
    I have the HDRUX1 and I know exactly what you are talking about.

It seems the iris just cant open enough to compensate for the fps your camera is trying to simulate. You will need to increase the light your using for slow motion to work.

I dont really know what to say about the blurryness. Ive had the same problem when using my little camera for an engineering bridge breaking competition. Im guessing its just an codec problem. The camera may have to lower the bitrate inorder to create 240 fps. Then again, it could also just be the lack of light.

Thanks a lot for your comment, is the slowmotion function in 60 FPS or 240 fps?
    I thought it was 60. Thanks for your reply, it's still a very nice camera.

By the way, do you also have the problem that you can only record 15 minutes on each DVD, if you are recording in HD HQ+?