Thread: Flipping Video from CCTV Camera

Default Flipping Video from CCTV Camera

Hi all

I'm wondering if someone can help here - I have a CCTV video camera and a capture card on a PC, both working fine. The problem is I need to invert the image feed that the camera outputs so that I don't have to hang the camera upside down like it's supposed to be (long story). This obviously needs to be done before the capture software gets hold of the image because I don't want to record upside down, or have to invert it later. So my real question is: is there a hardware box that can invert video feeds in hardware so that the video capture software can see the image the right way up?

Many thanks

There are video switchers/mixers, and video effect generators that can do this. But they arnt all cheap.

Some of the "cheaper" devices are the sima sed-em, sim sfx-m, se-200 pro. However I have no idea if they are capable of this effect, you would have to research.

I know at my college our grassvalley & Ampex switchers are capable of doing this. But they are fairly expensive, and quiet large.

Western Europe

Why is the camera producing an upside down image?

The camera is producing an upside down image because it's upside down . It's a CCTV camera and hence meant to be mounted hanging from a roof or whatever - but I want it to be protruding from on top of a building. It's really rather annoying, I imagined I'd be able to flip the video image easily but obviously not :/

Why not just take it apart and make a new mounting hole on the other side?