Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Premiere Pro 1.5 won't talk to Vista.

Blog Entries

Default Premiere Pro 1.5 won't talk to Vista.

The new laptop has Vista and the first progamme I want to install is Permiere pro 1.5. The installation seems to have gone okay, the shortcut is there and when you open the program the horse appears together with the small page . A few things (you know the bit at the bottom) seem to load and then...

Nothing.

It freezes, won't complete loading, in fact goes on strike. "Program is not reponding" mode when you click on it. I can't even manage to de-install it as Vista doesn't seem to let me!

Any ideas.

yeah.... F****** vista... i hated it the moment i saw.
    when it first came out, i got it, installed it on my desktop pc, installed premiere pro 2, started a project... and that was it: rolled back to xp after using premiere on vista for about 30 minutes...
    The child has grown
    The dream is gone

Yeah, M$ got real persnikkity about apps being written to be compatible with Vista. There are ways to make it work, but I'd rather gnash my teeth, wear ashen sackcloth & eat tree bark.
    ~Applied Metaphysician~

Blog Entries

Gotta agree there lads.

I've decided on Plan B. Delete Vista, install XP and go from there. Much less faffing about and I know that my software is content with XP.

It's only CS3 that will work with Vista - using anything else will give you problems.

If I were you I would use secret plan C - Buy CS3 and keep Vista.. Alot of people seem to jump on the 'vistas shit' bandwagon, but I have to say that its the best thing since sliced breed for using all the CPU's power to render...

i already tried cs3 with vista... still i don't like vista....... i just didn't like its performance..... cs3 with xp works muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh better than with vista...
    The child has grown
    The dream is gone

Quote Originally Posted by innocent_bystander View Post
    It's only CS3 that will work with Vista - using anything else will give you problems.

If I were you I would use secret plan C - Buy CS3 and keep Vista.. Alot of people seem to jump on the 'vistas shit' bandwagon, but I have to say that its the best thing since sliced breed for using all the CPU's power to render...
    Whereas I have no experience with Vista at all (you'll have to ask my teenage daughter...) I do have to agree with this. CS3 is the way to go for maxing out rendering power on any multi core system. However, and this is a big but, I would simply not recommend it right now at all.

I know that some (non video apps) CS4 betas are doing the rounds and I am starting to get emails offering CS3 apps at reduced prices and we are nearing the 18 month life of CS3 so I think all theplanets are now starting to come into alignments ready for a CS4 release at the end of this year or early next. In fact I'm pretty damn sure we'll see CS4 BEFORE the videofoums at Earl's Court next year (late Jan/early Feb).

Persoanlyl I'm holding out for CS4 and will not be wasting (harsh word but true for now) my money on a CS3 upgrade right now.

of course I'll need a big ass multi core box and a 64bit copy of Vista no doubt...

My 2p. Alan

Blog Entries

Cheers Alan.

So much for my cunning plan. Well it seems that my Fuji-Siemens laptop is configured for Vista and doesn't have the necessary drivers for XP. Fuji-Siemens doesn't recommend using XP with this laptop at all. So the missus is going to try and get a refund for the laptop (she's much better at that sort of thing) and if that doesn't work... dunno.

After Alan (Mr. Premiere) Mills' advice I don't think I'll go for CS3 just yet but wait a bit and see what CS4 has to offer. However I might go for some intermediate solution to tide me over. Premiere LE4 maybe?

Just to re-iterate... the above is just my own personal reading of the signs. No hard evidence and I'm not in any way privvy to any of Adobe's inside knowledge. They typically have an 18-20 month life cycle and we're just about there now is all.

Default Premiere 1.5 vista fix

I noticed that Premiere 1.5 would hang during the load process of GPU curl. I deleted that in the plug in folder (en_US). Then it would hang on the other GPU plug ins, so I deleted all 3 and Premiere works fine for me. I have Vista 64-bit, but I would think that it would also work on the 32-bit version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast