Thread: Pinnacle with USB

Default Pinnacle with USB

Hi Guys,

This is my first post so here we go.

I have recently purchased myself an Asus Eee Pc which is a small laptop with no PCMCIA or firewire slots. I have just installed Pinnacle Studio 12. I also have DV cam and would like to edit my vids whilst traveling using the laptop.

As you all know you can only import Digital Videos using firewire. I have done a bit of research and found that you can get USB to Firewire adapters designed specifically for this reason. The decent ones all seem to be around $100.

This is the description of the adapter -

"This bridge cable, designated PIX-UVCD/U1W, is handy for those who do not have a FireWire port on their PCs. Transferring video back to the camcorder will require Service Pack 2, which supports driverless installation of devices that comply with USB Video Device Class 1.0."

FireWire to USB Cable, for DV only

There are also some cheap adapter cables on ebay for around $2 but i'm a bit skeptical about these.

Has anyone had any experience importing vids into pinnacle using a USB cable?

Blog Entries

Not sure about the f wire thingy but i would ahve thought an eeepc would struggle to run any video editor - I would advise the 8 gig atom version.

let us know how it goes.