Thread: help

Default help

Hi , my dad has a PANASONIC SDR S7 camcorder thats small enough to strap to my bike helmet and get some great trail footage BUT it only records when the screen is opened ,
    YOUR TASK - IF YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT IS ........think of a way we can make it record without opening the screen door , coz if it gets ripped off on a tree branch or worse ....I,m toast ...................am dying to get into this helmet cam thing , but a bullet cam and back pack set up is over 200.00. where as the little S7 is just sitting there with its auto focus and anti shake stabilisers just begging to be used ANY IDEAS more than welcome .

I think you've answered that question yourself...BUT it only records when the screen is opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    I think you've answered that question yourself...BUT it only records when the screen is opened.
    SO ,What ya sayin bud ? , ......by-pass the doors microswitch ?, ........wedge the door open at its most oblique angle ?.......Is the door removable .... what ???.

Blog Entries

Wool worths do a self contained cam / recorder for 100 quid - such things prob cheaper online - or old dv cams can be had off e bay for 50 quid.

See pic of me... lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

yeah thanx , those woolies ones are O.K. but the picture quality is rubish, not enough pixels ??, and we ride so fast that the playback is like its strobed because weve moved on so far between frame,s . its like were faster than the filming !!
    Thats why we want to use the panasonic. But Ive visited a few more sites and picked up a few ideas , and think we might have the answers .....without looking too much like your pic ...lol.