Thread: I can't capture my footage!!!

Default I can't capture my footage!!!

This is my first posting, so any response, I appreciate!! I have a big problem!!

I make films and short videos, and I have never had a problem with capturing my footage. I use a firewire to plug my Canon DV camera in, put my mini DV tape in and no there has never been a problem. For some F&%$ reason though, The last bit of footage that I have tried to upload, it won't work! I go to the beginning of my tape, press capture. It starts to capture for about a second then immediately stops!!!!!! I even went so far as to switch tapes, and the same damn thing happens. I looked over my footage on the camera itself, and it was running smoothly!! What the hell is going on!! The worst part is I am on a schedule, so I don't have a lot of time left. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1] If you have "Enable DV device control" enabled, for this test, uncheck it

2] If you have "Enable DV scene control" enabled, for this test, uncheck it

What this does is just allow any DV A/V stream to flow into Vegas capture programme. Once you see the stream coming into the video capture Preview window you press record.

If you don't get any of this then try another capture device software. I'd suggest the freebie that comes with MS, Movie Maker. This will test that all your feeds are at least getting into the PC. If you don;t get this to work then I'd be suspecting the firewire (you are capturing via firewire - aren't you?) cabling and/or your output plug of your camera.

Also the following may be needing your attention:

A] Set your time and date on your camera

B] Your camera's system battery is running low or dead.

Grazie

Default Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    1] If you have "Enable DV device control" enabled, for this test, uncheck it

2] If you have "Enable DV scene control" enabled, for this test, uncheck it

What this does is just allow any DV A/V stream to flow into Vegas capture programme. Once you see the stream coming into the video capture Preview window you press record.

If you don't get any of this then try another capture device software. I'd suggest the freebie that comes with MS, Movie Maker. This will test that all your feeds are at least getting into the PC. If you don;t get this to work then I'd be suspecting the firewire (you are capturing via firewire - aren't you?) cabling and/or your output plug of your camera.

Also the following may be needing your attention:

A] Set your time and date on your camera

B] Your camera's system battery is running low or dead.

Grazie
    Thank you very much Grazie. I appreciate your support and reply. I will look into all of this and see what the issue is. Again, Thank you.

Default I cant capture! All 3 devices are not seen by Sony Vegas 8

Hey, I am having the same problem... where do I find "enable DV device"?