Thread: new guy

Default new guy

Hi im new to the site. im getting into filming my motorcycle advertures and the editing that goes along with it. i was hopeing some of you could check out my videos and tell me what ya think.

[yt]deZONna41LU[/yt]

that one got messed up when i uploaded it. errrrrr

thanks for looking
    Last edited by Marc Peters; 08-10-2008 at 08:13 PM.

Blog Entries

I've edited your post to include one video only. That way it makes it easier to give you feedback.

As it stands, your video, well, isn't edited. It does a great job of giving a driver perspective, but it doesn't add anything beyond that. When watching superbikes, F1 or rallying, you'll invariably see a multitude of angles. You'll be sucked into the action in a way that isn't possible even when experiencing it in the first person. I thoroughly recommend you start filming more for the edit.

thank you. the video you selected wasnt edited. it was posted as a reference for an up comming race this month(a new track configuration) i just added the songs cause it woulda sucked. but it was made to give the racers(or anyone who wanted to see it) a look at what they would be racing. thank you for your input though

At 9.14 minutes it's too long, unless you are a dedicated motorcycle fan or a racer yourself then it will only appeal to a limited audience. Instead of showing a continuous race, you need to intercut it with shots of bike owners getting ready, checking their bikes over, pre race banter, making last minute adjustments, the crowd at the start waiting in anticipation and the scenery. These are all elements you would see on tv coverage of a similar event.

see my post above.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Weavefish View Post
    see my post above.
    Suggest you edit your first post and change the vid to one you would value feedback on.