Thread: Time to upgrade?

1. Default Time to upgrade?

Hi
    It is time to upgrade my aged Desktop computer, it's that old it still runs Windows 98, but I can edit video on it using Lead Mediostudio7.ve. As I only used it hobbyist mode I don't want to go to extremes and would like a laptop. I have though after doing some research that as Vista takes such a demand on system resources, what as a bare minimum should I be looking at with regards to specifications?

Do you want to stick with standard definition video or do you want to move onto high definition video? You will need a much higher spec machine if you want to try high definition video, and I personally would suggest a desktop computer instead of a laptop as it will allow you to add extra bits inside in the future.

3. Default

Thanks for the reply. I would want to stay with standard definition, the reason I want a laptop is because I want to utilise the mobile internet to its full potential and but I do not want to lose the ability to edit video especially on the "move". So a laptop would seem to offer a solution seen as I will not be making great demands on the system.