Thread: pretentious crap (abstract music video)

Default pretentious crap (abstract music video)

hi everyone, i shot this with a canon hv10 camcorder and excessively used 3ds max and after effects to make it look .. the way it does. the music is also by me. made with cubase, several vst(i) plugins.. a les paul guitar and a midi-keyboard.

it's viewable on veoh.com in 720x246px
    011 allformallybut | Veoh Video Network

or on youtube in 320x109px

Sorry but I don't get those art gallery installation pieces, they seem very personal to the creator and the audience is excluded. You would need to say in your next post what it is about as it appears just to be a series of clips with no narrative behind them. The black borders top and bottom are too big, they smother the video by taking up too much of the screen and therefore become the dominant feature, whereas it should be the video.

Blog Entries

I must disagree - maybe it's cos i am stoned but it worked for me. Dark and disturbing and I liked the imagry and presentation.

Twisted !

Whatever you are taking Mark, I want some of it (lol).

Blog Entries

Lol, lol and lol again!

the reason why the black space is so huge is, teh native footage was compiled at a 1280x437px resolution. which is wider than the normal widescreen-standards.

well as i mentioned in the title of thsi topic, it is an abstract video, and meant to be free for interpretation, instead of penetrating the viewer with linear meaning.

but most people don't like that kinda genre, probably for the same reason why you can hardly ever hear any ambiental music on the radio. because it's too boring without the right context.

nethertheless i don't wanna make myself look better than necessary
    it in deed doesn't have much content, just a mood i wanted to transfer. a melancholic mood and the impression of being trapped in life.

Blog Entries

Did that for me - so have a banana - can I have a dvd copy pls - pm me.

Wink

I can't speak too much about art, as I have never done a art piece, but its fantastic, what the general video makers have to know it there are people making big money with videos like this and doing limmited runs of them, they gety played on large LCD screens as art.. and these videos get traded up for a much larger sum in very short time.

Loved the tv on the loo, and the legs all bound up with packaging tape, sort of all the hallmarks of a fantastic lost weekend.

Imagine this living art piece in your house, it would sure set the tone for a interesting dinner party or night by yourself..!

And best of all once your sick of it just wack in another DVD...

Has me thinking, maybe i'll become a artist, ....now all I need is a loo, a old tv, some tape, something with spikes and i'm away....opps I don't have the artistic gene....bum!

Maybe that monkey with a camera strapped on its head could get some great raw video to start with..(its a theme I have from one of Mark W comments)

Great video thanks for posting it, good luck.

PS...sorry i have spoken a fair bit about something I knopw nothing of..!
    please forgive me.

Blog Entries

I won't comment other than I watched until the end. I wasn't wowed by creativity or technical brilliance, but I was left feeling trapped and confused. Which is what you intended.