Want to be seen?
At the heart of Ubuntu's ethos is a belief in showcasing free software and free culture, and we think it would be an excellent opportunity to show off some free culture artists by putting their media on millions of Ubuntu systems around the world. Although the space restrictions are tight, we think this is too good an opportunity to miss.
So, we present the Ubuntu Free Culture Showcase. How it works is pretty simple:
- Your submission must be no larger than 3MB for the video.
- Upload your submission somewhere online (there are lots of free hosting solutions available such as archive.org). Do not email any of the organisers or judges with your submissions.
- Add your entry to one of the tables on the wiki page.
- When the deadline for submissions closes, our panel of judges will pick a shortlist, and the Community Council will then pick the final winners from the shortlist.
The deadline for submissions is 4th September 2008.
All video submissions must match the following criteria:
- Each submission cannot be larger than 3MB in size.
- The submission must be able to be legally distributed with Ubuntu and be licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike license (Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic).
- The submission must be available in Ogg Theora/Vorbis format.
- You must provide a link to the submission video - we cannot accept email submissions.