Thread: Problem connection Sony DVD Digital Camera to PC using its a/v out port.

Smile Problem connection Sony DVD Digital Camera to PC using its a/v out port.

Hello,

I would like to explain my situation, i have a sports shop and i need to analyze
    how people run to help them find the best shoes for there running technice, for this i have a laptop pc with S-video,USB and 1394 Ports, on this laptop i have a program called "Dartfish" wich allows you to analyze the video and do it in slow motion wich is the only feature i need.

I also have a Sony DCR-DVD308E Digital Camera wich saves videos on 1.4gb~ DVD, this camera has a USB and A/V Out ports.

I would like to ask you how can i record videos and transfer them thro A/V Out cable into my laptop (i have an a/v out to s-video adapter cable) and watch them on the slow motion program to analyze there technice, i need a live input for the laptop to analyze it fast because the customer is waiting... also if there is a better software for slow motion or one wich will make it work with USB il be happy to hear about it.

I hope i have explained my question good

Thanks
    Last edited by midnightweb; 08-02-2008 at 09:50 PM.

You have a couple of issues here. You wont be able to live input from a DVD Camera. You need to use a mini DV camera. A base level Sony Handycam such as DCR-HC38E should only cost about USD200.

The second issue is that to get quality footage to analyse you should use Firewire input and not USB

For a purpose built gait analsis software designed for retailers check out this website