Thread: Requesting help finding an MTS Converter

1. Default Requesting help finding an MTS Converter

Hey everyone,
    I bought a new Camera HDR-SR10E
    But i want to edit my video's in Sony Vegas,
    The camera creates MTS files. Neither media player or Vegas can read it, So i need a Converter which doesn't ruines the quality. Anyone can advise me a nice converter?

Thanks alot,

Well,

if you upgrade to vegas pro 8 than you can edit right in sony without any problems.

Another solution is to buy TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress. Its the best converting software Ive come across.

I believe you can try virtual dub too, which is a free program. But I dont think results will be as good.

Blog Entries

Super c is the best convertor I know of - and it's free. But upgrading vegas as suggested above is the way forward.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by vboudewijn View Post
    Hey everyone,
    The camera creates MTS files. Neither media player or Vegas can read it, So i need a Converter which doesn't ruines the quality. Anyone can advise me a nice converter?

Thanks alot,
    Hi,
    Don't worry.

i just use this kind of program-Moyea MTS/M2TS Converter, which can convert MTS/M2TS to other popular video formats like mp4 or mov workable to Sony Vegas, and wmv acceptable to media player without any loss of quality.

moreover, it adopts advanced audio and video sync technology which can prevent any audio and video issues.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by vboudewijn View Post
    Hey everyone,

Thanks alot,
    Hi, vboudewijn

i have the same experience with you. but now i found out a fastest and easiest way to solve it-just use a professional MTS converter which can convert MTS to wmv, mov, mp4, avi, etc. without any problem so that we can enjoy the MTS files on other devices, like media player, Sony Vegas, etc.

after tring several MTS converters, finally i found out the perfect one called Moyea MTS Converter, not only for its high fast conversion speed and excellent output quality but also for its advanced audio/video synchnzation.

only if we have a try, we can really realize its benefits.

Code:
    my-video-converter.com/mts_converter/

Recently I have done dome testing of googled MTS converters.
    I need converter with simple In/Out trimming feature and of course fast seeking in MTS files.

I test this with interlaced MTS file from Panasonic HDC-TM300 AVCHD camcorder.

Below are my review:

WinX HD Video Converter 4.1.20100119:
    - no playback, very coarse trimming (scrolbar have about 100 pixels, so trimming 90 min. in lenght video would be a only minute-accurate, not second or frames), exporting selected segment to MPG generare invalid file.

Tipard Total Media Converter 4.2.08:
    - there is trimming feature, but program don't decode MTS files properly.

ImTOO HD Video Converter 5.1.26.1225:
    - there is the best seeking in MTS files I have ever seen, but unfortunatelly there is a lack of trimming function.

Xilisoft.HD.Video.Converter.v5.1.37.0120:
    - in fact this is same application as ImTOO, but under other brand name.

4Videosoft M2TS Converter 3.3.08:
    - there is a great module for trimming, but MTS files aren't displayed properly (black frame), and exported selection have distorted beggining (garbage, because application don't recalculate first keyframe), and aspect ratio exported file was wrong after setting deinterlace effect (squized one field with black bars on 16:9 picture).

Aiseesoft MTS Converter 5.0.10:
    - in fact this is same application as 4Videosoft, but under other brand name.

Avidemux (freeware) 5.2:
    - no seeking in MTS files at all, but trimming can be done by playing file and setting In/Out on the go. this application have exellent quality. after triming it can even reconstruct first keyframe - so no garbage image is on the beginning reencoded files. for handling interlaced files there is a bug, so it is need to set double frame rate for outputing files.

MTS/M2TS Converter 2.4:
    <testing in progress>

* So far I'm stick with Avidemux software.

details at:
    Best MTS/M2TS converters with trimming review: MTS converters testing and review

Hello, I tried to use Moyea but my video image gets slowed down and the audio is normal ? why is this ? ive tried several other converting programs aswell and the same thing happends! any idea anyone ?