Thread: A Problem that I have had ENOUGH of..

Default A Problem that I have had ENOUGH of..

Call me a newb if you will... sigh.. I've been making films for awhile.. love good editing programs like Premiere and my one of choice, Sony Vegas. But there's been something pissing me off since the beginning... I don't know why it does this or what exactly I'm doing wrong.

Q: Why is it when I export my final file, no matter to .mov, .avi. .wmv. or whatever... no matter how high quality etc.. the file being viewed is viewed in a black box. Not just 16:9 widescreen from which I preffer.. but like an entire black box surrounds the video.. Can someone please tell me what I need to do to make this go away once and for all and have a propper 16:9 ratio that will fit the entire screen on PC screen and TV?

I would greatly appreciate any and all advice. Thank you.

For an example of what I'm talking about, please view my myspace page and watch the first teaser trailer to my upcoming film, Vengeance on the Tears of May.

MySpace.com - Andrew - 24 - Male - Burbank, California - www.myspace.com/Bomberman

Thanks again.

1] Please confirm your Project Properties conform to your Media being used.

2] Please supply a screen grab of your timeline clearly showing a view of a typical Event on it.

3] Please supply exactly the the render template you are using paying specific attention to the PAR value and any further video format you have tried.

Some where and some how your media has been "shrunk" into your outer scan border. Without a bit more info it is impossible for me to say. Personally, I'm thinking that your rendering Video Format is shrinking your output.

Interesting . . .

Maybe others want to take a stab at it?

Grazie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJT View Post
    For an example of what I'm talking about, please view my myspace page and watch the first teaser trailer to my upcoming film, Vengeance on the Tears of May.
    Am I missing something. This looked fine to me - 16:9 letterboxed in the 4:3 frame MySpace gives you - on Firefox 3 anyway. IE7 isn't displaying the movies at all - just white space where they should be.
    Tim

Viewing it full screen.. ( I have a widescreen laptop, don't know if that has anything to do with it.. doubt it becuase when I output it to DVD and I have a standard CRT 4:3 crappy tv it does the same thing ) it creates a black box completely around the project... it doesn't adjust to screen maximizing basically.