Thread: How do I add video pauses or frame freezes?

Default How do I add video pauses or frame freezes?

Hi all. I want to pause a certain frame in a video for an ammount of seconds. What I mean is, I want to duplicate a frame in a video for lets say 2 seconds, so it gives an impression that the video is stoped, even tho it's still playing. The video will of course now be longer, but that's not a problem.

I'm using TMPGenc, however I can't find this feature. I can cut down a frame from a video, but theres only a "duplication" option. I would have to press that command about 100 times for a 'pause' of just 4 seconds on a 25fps video, so you see my problem here.

Are there video editing programs out there that support this function? Duplicate a frame for a certain ammount of time?

Thanx for reading, hope you can help me

Blog Entries

Most video editing software allows you to import a still and display that for as long as you like. I can't think of a basic commercial one that doesn't.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Most video editing software allows you to import a still and display that for as long as you like. I can't think of a basic commercial one that doesn't.
    Yeah I found out a few hours ago. Forgot to post it up here. I just take a screenshot of one frame and then "import slideshow" inside TMPGenc and set the duration. Easy as that.

I'm running into a bit of a problem. The still frame's I capture from the video are just a bit blurry when the video is played. The frame that was captured and saved in a .bmp file isn't blurry at all, i've opened it externally and it looks ok. But when I add it as a slideshow into the movie and play the movie, the image appears to be a little blurry. The sharp edges are kind of smudged.

The image is the same size as the video, it's not a problem of scale.. Any advice?

Here's the picture of the frame i've exported. It was in .bmp format but ive converted to png to display it on the forum.

And when the movie is exported (ive tried a dozen different formats and encoders with same results):

As you can see, that single image now appears a bit blurry in the actual exported video. The rest of the video is allways sharp, just like seen on the first example image.
    Last edited by Malevol3nt; 07-30-2008 at 03:33 PM.