Thread: DVD play problems

Default DVD play problems

Was having problems when creating DVD's from Adobe Premiere Pro and burning directly to disk and also when burning from master DVD to blank in one go, so have since chosen to create DVD files onto my hard drive and then burn a DVD with Shrink It later. I am using an Liteon 8x drive, using Princo 4x -R blanks and burning at 2x as this seemed to be a error free formula.
    Copied some 20 or more DVD's of a movie I filmed and everything was fine. Last night went to make another copy using my files on my hard drive, this time when playing back the dvd on my tv and stand alone dvd player, I am getting freezing when fast forwarding to other chapters and in general playing.

Anyone have a similar problem or know why this problem has come up? Could it be a bad disk? Have done everything the same as before but with a different annoying result? Not happy. Just want nice easy way of creating hassle free good quality DVD's.

Can anyone help, please.

Blog Entries

Yes, it could just be a bad burn. Try again

...and it could be your standalone DVD player. Ours does that sometimes, for no apparent reason. Did you test other DVDs in it during the same session?
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...

I went to check the DVDs again and Disk1 seemed fine a day after but Disk2 still seemed to be a bit wonky - I think it is my stand alone. I just got impatient as I am filming my own stories for people, I don't want DVD's that can't be played. I found early on that making DVD files and burning to a blank DVD in one process created unplayable DVD's. I found that I have to create the files onto my hard drive and then burn later to a blank.

Thanks for the replies, this is a great forum....

I'd use ritek-dye dvd-r, they tend to be compatible with more players.

Probably just a bad burn though.

I also use Ritek's with the G04 dye (purple grade-A dye). The best place I know to get the disks from is here

What I like about this site too is that if you click on the "More Info" button on any of the disks it brings up an info window with results of their testing and which burner makes they recommend for that disk. They are very honest in their reviews too!
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

I'd endorse Lloyd's endorsement: that's where I bought my DVD writer drive and have subsequently bought DVDs. Their service, support and advice is second to none, and their pricing is generally very competitive. Cheers, Ian.
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...

Quote Originally Posted by LJR
    I also use Ritek's with the G04 dye (purple grade-A dye).
    Amen to that!