Thread: cut out pice of dvd movie

Default cut out pice of dvd movie

Hi, There is a video that i need a small bit from to use for my own non commercial purpose. Is there any software, free if preferable, that is good? I tried a trial of one but it wants to alter the vob files to make a mpeg or i think that's what it demands. I would like it to be i am not experienced in these softwares. thank you Bondi

N. florida

You need a decypt utility if you are wanting to cut a short scene from a commercial dvd program. Do a Google for decrypt downloads. You can also search for the old reliable "dvdshrink" which not only decrypts but compresses to fit a single layer blank disc.

DVD Fab seems popular as well.

You may find a visit to of interest.

As info changing the vob to mpeg2 is normal to ripping a dvd from its' vog format back to original mpeg2.

Mpeg2 is the native file format of standard def dvd movies and a lot easier to work with in editing software.
    goodluck - ain't nothin difficult about what you are wanting to do - not legal nor appreciated by the dvd content owner nor the MPAA.

3. Default

for it you can try to use VideoCharge. Is it very easy and powerfull software, no free, but have trial.

Video Software