Thread: Daft question

Default Daft question

Hi everyone

I joined this site a few days ago in the hope of gaining some insight as what sort of camcorder to get myself.

After reading and re-reading almost everything here I decided what I needed was a cheap-ish mini dv camcorder which I could do some basic editing, mainly of my son when he arrives in a few months, but also holidays etc (the usual stuff)

I was going to plump for the panasonic NVG-230 whis Argos had on sale for a bargain 199 but to my horror they took it off theit website only this morning and the next best price for it was Amazon at a whopping 350 (out of my budget Im afraid)

So now, after all this waffle, I come to my daft question. Ive more or less decided to get the Sony DCR-HC62 which I found on Pixmania for 207, but the also have a DCR-HC62E for 260!

One has the spec listed but the other doesn't.

Surely this is one and the same?

Blog Entries

Who cares what the specs are - they are mostly lies and techno babble. Most cameras around each price point perform very similarly.

Thanks Mark for your reply, but my question is, are they the same camera? I realise that at that price range they'll peform more or less the same, but it seems strange to me that one shop would be selling the same camera at 2 different prices

unless im missing something blindingly obvious, which is possible

The 'E' on Sony kit usually designates 'European' Some advertisers just miss it out... But there is a small chance it might be the non European NTSC version which will give you some problems with connecting it to other non-NTSC kit