Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audio error when adding it to the timeline.

1. Default Audio error when adding it to the timeline.

Hey there guys.

Ive just recently started to work on another project. Thing is, when I imported one of the captured footage files into the timeline the audio is kind of damaged?

(check the pic under)

ImageShack - Hosting :: fsdfsdsdng0.jpg

Also when I've tried to render a few previews of this project the rendering has been stopped at 64 % everytime saying "vegas has to be shut down".
    So I was just thinking - what if there is some kind of connection between the audio error and the rendering? Maybe the file is damaged and vegas shuts down everytime the render comes to that file in the project?

Hoping for some constructive help from the forum now. Really wanna sort things out.

PS. Sorry for my English, im Norwegian.

Blog Entries

That really does look to me like a corrupt clip. It may be some other application (eg VirtualDub) will allow you to open it and then write it again in a format that Vegas will be happy with.
    Tim

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    That really does look to me like a corrupt clip. It may be some other application (eg VirtualDub) will allow you to open it and then write it again in a format that Vegas will be happy with.
    So you think I should re capture it into the computer?

It works fine when I play it in windows media player :s

I also captured 2 other footage files, they seem to work very good.

Blog Entries

Certainly worth a try recapturing. And then if that doesn't work, recapturing using a different program ... some find the Windows Movie Maker capture pretty good.....

Video forums are full of stories of files which will play OK in one application but not another, so I'm not surprised if WMP plays it but not Vegas.
    Tim

5. Default

Certainly worth a try recapturing. And then if that doesn't work, recapturing using a different program ... some find the Windows Movie Maker capture pretty good.....

Video forums are full of stories of files which will play OK in one application but not another, so I'm not surprised if WMP plays it but not Vegas.
    Yeah well I think it will work if I recapture it. I mean - the other files are working so why not this one?

1] What specifically am I looking at? Is it that the waveform "appears" badly clipped? However other parts "appear" within range? Or that it doesn't continue under the video above?

2] Tell me, why have you got Track 8 set at 12db? Is it that the audio in that track is too low?

3] Can you give some indication of the original media values and what you've got your Project set at?

But do try a recapture using Vegas's own capture process for starters, and get back here with the results.

Grazie

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    1] What specifically am I looking at? Is it that the waveform "appears" badly clipped? However other parts "appear" within range? Or that it doesn't continue under the video above?

2] Tell me, why have you got Track 8 set at 12db? Is it that the audio in that track is too low?

3] Can you give some indication of the original media values and what you've got your Project set at?

But do try a recapture using Vegas's own capture process for starters, and get back here with the results.

Grazie
    Dont know if I undestood you dude but well hope so.

1. when I wait for the peaks to load the audio is bad at the end of the clip you can see that it sort of just stops, however - when I dont wait for the peaks like when I just stop it while its loading the audio fits with the video file :s Its just that the peaks arent there.

2. Correct.

3. The footage is filmed with a panasonic NV-GS180 so project is therefor set to PAL DV Widescreen (720x576; 25,000 fps)
    Lower Field order
    1,4568 (PAL DV Widescreen)

Thanks for the help guys. Hoping I can work this out. Was just thinking - what if I like tried to somehow just render the audio as a dolby file, and used it as that. Im gonna check if its possible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner7 View Post
    when I dont wait for the peaks like when I just stop it while its loading the audio fits with the video file :s Its just that the peaks arent there.
    Well that's a pretty good indication that the audio part of the fie is corrupt. If Vegas can't produce a peak file from the audio, it's pretty unlikely it can do anything else with it.
    Tim

9. Default

Well that's a pretty good indication that the audio part of the fie is corrupt. If Vegas can't produce a peak file from the audio, it's pretty unlikely it can do anything else with it.
    Hey Tim i tried using Virtualdub. I chose the setting "Direct Stream Copy".
    Did I use the correct setting and if I did will I lose any quality by doing this?

Audio seems to work perfect now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner7 View Post
    Hey Tim i tried using Virtualdub. I chose the setting "Direct Stream Copy".
    Did I use the correct setting and if I did will I lose any quality by doing this?
    I've absolutely no idea I've rarely used VirtualDub, I'm just aware it can be useful in some situations - call it a "lucky guess". I'd also guess that "direct steam copy" will mean no loss.

What I do now is you've got better audio quality than no audio

Glad you're up and running, anyway.
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast