Thread: Rendering individual transitions

Red face Rendering individual transitions

Hey, I am very new to Sony Vegas 8, but am trying to preview individual transitions in this program as I go but they wont show up, it simply "jumps" from one clip to the next. There as definitely a transition there, but is there any way to preview it without rendering the whole project???
    I would appreciate anyones help or advice!!

Thanks
    Brooke

Quote Originally Posted by brookiez69 View Post
    . . trying to preview individual transitions in this program as I go but they wont show up, it simply "jumps" from one clip to the next.
    Hmmm... To have a transition take effect you HAVE to overlay one Event (clip) with the next. So, if you want a transition to work over 2 seconds THEN you have to overlap on the same track ( let's start with the same track!) 2 Events by 2 seconds. If you DON'T do that then you want see the effect of the transition.

Quote Originally Posted by brookiez69 View Post
    . .. . but is there any way to preview it without rendering the whole project???
    Sure. Firstly do what I suggest and then preview. I do this ALL the time when I - now rarely - use a transition. Most of my editing, 99%, is all straight cuts using the actual content to create the transition from one scene to another.

It sounds like you haven't overlapped your Events. - If you HAVE, then you have something else going on. To overlap PUSH one Event into the other.

Grazie

Blog Entries

If they are overlapped could also be preview stutter - to test put preview on draft.

As grazie perhaps hints at the best soloution is avoid transitions. Most are wrongly and overused and thay nearly all are pants.