Thread: Newbie on HD Camcorder!

Default Newbie on HD Camcorder!

Hi All - Do I need help I have just bought a Sony SR-12 and am really needing help / suggestions as to what is the best way in copying to a medium that I can edit the video I have taken. I DO NOT want to involve a PC / Mac as I see enough of that in the workplace. With my old camcorder, I just plugged it into input on the video and copied to the hard drive and then edited it from there and burnt it onto a DVD - no problem.

Now I want a more professional approach and my limited thinking here is Sony do a VRD-MC5 - but would that work as an editor. My other thought is finally buying their Blu-ray and copying the movies from camcorder to the DVD machine and editing it from within - is that possible. I hear they have a HDD/Blu-ray in Japan (which sounds perfect), but not available in the UK yet.

I will be happy to hear all suggestions. Regards, REM

Bracknell, Berkshire, UK

I understand what you mean about not wanting a PC/mac. I'm the same. I gothortugh fits and starts because I sit in front of fours screen all day every day at work and sometimes just not interesting in doing the same at home. That's why I'm sometimes awol on here at times.

However, if you want a 'more proffessional approach' this time I'm really not sure how you can hope to achieve any real editting without it being done on some kind of computer.