Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone help with the program?

Default Can someone help with the program?

I got told at the last min at my cousins wedding that I was the camera man and I had no blank disk with me. I recorded the wedding and there are 6 chapters on the disk 2,3,4,5 are of the wedding and 1 and 6 are of my daughter. Anyways I need to get the wedding video on a seperate disk to give to my family. I read all the tutorials on the program and learned how to remove events but the problem is when I load my video its one event and when you click play it plays clips from all the chapters together and its a scrabled up mess. like it shows 3 or 4 frames from 1st chapter then a few from the second and so on . Shouldnt it be like from beginning to end when I click play. I really need help I have people waiting on this vid and I got about 30 hours in it trying to figure out how to do it. Thank you

BTW I this was my first time as camera man anywere and I have never even thought about video editting until now.

Edit: IM using Sony Vegas Studio Platinum 8.0 and also the program keeps freezing up and starts not responding. Like when I browse through the frames
    Last edited by Joshanders86; 07-23-2008 at 03:46 AM.

Blog Entries

What sort of disk? You say you didn't have a blank disk which implies DVD, but you then say you have 30 hours which clearly won't fit on a DVD?

What camera? How are you trying to transfer to PC?

Glad to help but need more info.......
    Tim

Thanks for the reply. To answer your questions Its a mini dvd disk 1.4gb. I said I have 30 hours into trying to figure this out. The movie is only like 20 - 25 min long. I finalized the disk before I started this project. I haven't transfered the file to my computer. I got a error last time I tried. Hitachi Dvd Cam is my video camera. Hope this helps. Ill try to post screenshots when I get home from work if you need.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the info.
    You won' t be able to do anything without transferring the files to the computer.
    Open Vegas MSP.
    Place your finalised (well done - that's a step many people forget!) mini DVD in your PC's DVD drive
    Go File | Import | Camcorder Disc
    This will copy the filws onto your computers hard drive in a format Vegas can work with
    Now drag the file(S) to the time-line and play away..
    Use S to split clips so you can remove parts you don't want, but I guess you already know the basiscs having read a great deal.....

Good luck
    Tim

^^^ You my friend are the man!!!^^^ Thanks for the help worked perfectly. Now that I have it how I want it to look I just go to burn cd and go to video and burn it and it will play on dvd players right? Or am I missing something? This should be my last question thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshanders86 View Post
    I just go to burn cd and go to video and burn it and it will play on dvd players right?
    Yes. But Vegas doesn't burn DVDs!

You use DVD Architect Studio (included with Vegas MSP). I think hat there's a button within Vegas MSP (it's called "Make Movie" in my version 6) which opens up DVDA and loads the files automatically.

Alternatively you can use another DVD authoring program to create your DVD,
    Tim

Do you have any suggestions for a program to use? I dowloaded the Dvd Architect 3.0 demo and made my menu and got rdy to burn but it says I have to buy the program for it to work. I really don't want to buy the program for this one video and I wouldn't ever use it again. I know I sound cheap but I really need to have this video out by the weekend. Thanks

Edit: I Have a dvd burning program called roxio. Im trying to use it to burn the dvd but when I put in a Dvd- R disk it wont work I have also tried Cd-R and the mini dvd-r disk nothing will work. I cant believe my video is complete after all the work I put in it but I can't burn it to a Disk. This is all I have left just getting it on a disk and Im done. What can I do? Thanks
    Last edited by Joshanders86; 07-25-2008 at 05:07 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshanders86 View Post
    I really don't want to buy the program for this one video and I wouldn't ever use it again.
    You're never going to burn a DVD for use in a DVD player again? Well...if you're sure...
    It's possible that your Roxio doesn't include the facility to burn for DVD players...

I'm taking an educated guess here, but I think the problem with both DVD Architect demo and (for example) bundled Roxio is that the format for domestic DVD players is MPEG2 and any manufacturer, be it Sony, Adobe, Roxio, Ahead or whoever has to pay a licence fee. That is why it is not available in the "free" versions of programs.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will either confirm rthis or confirm I'm talking rubbish.
    Tim

Yea you are prolly right. I downloaded the Nero 8 trial verison but to burn the dvd it says I need to use a Cd-rw disk to burn It but I only have cd-r disk aren't they exaclty the same except for one can be rewritten?

Blog Entries

No, but that's irrelevant. You can't burn a DVD onto a CD!
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast