Thread: Youtube cutting away last seconds in alot of my uploaded videos

1. Unhappy Youtube cutting away last seconds in alot of my uploaded videos

I dont know if this problem is caused by Youtube or if i keep create videos wrong in Sony Vegas and such softwares

I have created a 2.28 min long wmv movie in Vegas 7, and rendering it succesfully

But when uploading to Youtube, Youtube itselfs cutts away (exclude) the last 3 sec of the video in the end result (which accually contained the master joke in my case)
    Its not the first time this happend with my Youtube uploads..but not allways, allso happend when i still used Win movie maker
    but have generally only been 1 sec early cutt there, that whas accepted i think

Either i must fill out the Vegas project with +5 to 10 sec of black picture at the end(+2 sec didnt to any difference in any case)...that youtube then can eat up, or i must perhaps choose different codec settings and such in Vegas? or simply change some unknown settings in my youtube channel to prevent this?

Have consulted Vegas manual, but i find it really hard to know under which area i could find info about this lol
    anyone else familiar with this syndrome?
    Last edited by Kloppstock; 07-22-2008 at 09:08 PM.

Blog Entries

Nothing to do with vegas - just you tube being weird.

I have had odd things happen too but not that.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Nothing to do with vegas - just you tube being weird.

I have had odd things happen too but not that.
    Do you mean that when/if youtube starts act normal, this will be fixed auto if the video is still there, it will add thoose 3 sec, i have keept deleted my video everythime it fails,
    i have re-tried for 2 days now, i bett that if i upload someone else movie rather than my Vegas work it will not kill any seconds during youtubes dissease

but ok, ill try whait some day, then re-upload
    Last edited by Kloppstock; 07-22-2008 at 11:06 PM.

Blog Entries

Hard to know how to help with this as it is down to you tube and they are rubbish at customer support.

All I can suggest is that you try a different upload format. I rarely have any problems, and never the one you cite.

I up load .wmv, DV res, 1 mbit. That also ensures a 'hq' option from the tube.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    All I can suggest is that you try a different upload format. I rarely have any problems, and never the one you cite.

I up load .wmv, DV res, 1 mbit. That also ensures a 'hq' option from the tube.
    It was my fault obviosly, tested to stream to a AVI combination (forgott to save the template offcorse lol) instead, and the 3 sec appeared on tube

my input was a HQ wmv file, have a whole clip serie from same file..that have been uploaded allready, it seemes to be totaly random which one youtube attacks of them, so any theory that wmv to wmv cant work...can not be proved

thanks for the tip anyhow

Default try to upload on codexnewsTV

You might try to upload your videos on Codexnews.tv