Thread: Merging Project Files and Audio Corruption Problem

Thumbs down Merging Project Files and Audio Corruption Problem

Hi Everyone,

I am working on a business video, with 5 interviewees. I started this project by creating a few seperate project files for each person. I now want to merge them. Copying and pasting is clearly not the way to go because it not only deletes all the transitions and title slides, but I suspect it is the reason for my bigger problem.

The sound files exist until I close the files. When I return, the files seem to exist, but the soundwaves and audio have disappeared. I have tried copying the file to a new location using the Project Manager, while deleting all the Audio Conform and Preview files (I read that this might work on another forum, but it didn't).

I have copy and pasted files many many many times before, and have never had a problem with it. In fact, it used to keep all the transitions as well, but the last month has been a problem.

Does anyone know of a way to retrieve the audio files for all the clips, or a way to merge project files. I have tried importing the project file into another file, but it means recutting every piece again, and this is a massive project. What I want to be able to do is import the sequence into the project timeline.

I hope this is specific enough haha. Thanks in advance for all your help

Blog Entries

You can 'nest' projects in premiere, meaning you can import one project into another. I would suggest that you create a new 'global' project, and then import the otheres into this global project.