Thread: Encore CS weird error message

Default Encore CS weird error message

Having all sorts of fun with Encore CS.

I have a very basic DVD to author. Two AVI files output via Premiere Pro CS. One is the menu, and one is the main feature. About 80 minutes total.

When I try to build a DVD folder or an image, the trasncode starts on the short (30 sec) animated menu. It transcodes the video section fine, then starts, and almost finishes the audio, then two error message boxes pop up:

Adobe Debug Event:
    scr\time cpp-105

And then...
    Input Contract Violation
    Operating System error: 0x00000020
    The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

I've tried using "killall", so there are no background programs running. I've gone back to a project I did a month or so ago, with no probelms, and now this comes up with the same error with that too!

I'm up against a deadline here for my customer... any ideas would be very welcome! Any way of getting these two AVI files to work as a menu and feature as an image file ideas would be great!

Blog Entries

grasping at straws suggestions:

1) Try renaming your output file; or
    2) Try creating a copy of your asset in windows, importing to your project and then replacing the old asset with the new one; or
    3) Try demuxing the audio and video, importing as seperate assets, then creating new project with these assets.

Thanks Marc - not good news though, I've tried all of the above.... with no luck.

Blog Entries

How about transcoding to DVD compliant MPEG2, then importing this into your project. Set the settings to not transcode MPEG2 when creating a DVD and then export to DVD.

Blog Entries

Take a look at this: Error:Time.cpp-105 - Adobe Premiere Pro

The error refers to constructing a time value with a framerate of zero, which is illegal. Try importing the clip into a fresh project, let me know if it still comes in with the wrong framerate.
    Since it's an MPEG, it has to be indexed by Premiere - you could also try to force Premiere to regenerate the index file. If you look under Preferences - Media, there's a path listed for the location of the Media Cache. Either use the 'Clean' button, or (as I prefer to do, just in case) navigate to that directory and blast the contents.
    Okay, here is a solution that was suggested by David at cineform:
    Premiere can get confused, so when Premiere starts hold down the shift key while the plugins load, this normally fixing random QT issues.

Flippin' Eck! Not sure how do do that... I'm not sure I have the option to export as MPEG2... sounds like a good idea though!

Ok - Sussed out I need to use Premiere Media Encoder via Premiere.

Low and behold - as soon as I try to convert to MPEG 2, I get a RUNDLL32.EXE error.

It's official - I have no hair left!