Thread: On the Hunt!!!

Default On the Hunt!!!

For some editing software as I'm sure you guessed !

What I like to do is use FRAPS (free video recording program for computers) and record scenes in games (specifically World of Warcraft). I use WoW Model Viewer (A WoW data base with all the wonderful variables possible with characters and objects in the game. Fraps, once again, can record my manipulations) to "attempt" some cool scenes etc. Then of course I use Windows Movie Maker to put it all together, add and edit clips, and add transitions. However...it just doesn't have a clean, shiny finish, with all the great manipulations I'd like....

Example of what I have so far:
    YouTube - DragonsOrders's Channel ( WoW's falling angle is probably my best example of what I was TRYING to accomplish).

What I want: I want to purchase software that allows me to record things on my Computer (In video games, paint, etc.). Fraps is free so it has thier little promo on my videos...I hate that. I want, of course, my software to be able to edit clips (cut, meld, trim, freeze frame); as well as provide me with TONS of awesometransitions, and video effects. On top of that I want to be able to Multi-Layer my videos (Extremely important! I want to be able to edit layer upon layer into my videos to create scenes that flow together. Can't do that without something that can layer several different video's without a fuss!)!

Any ideas? I have never purchased video editing software and will most likely approach Best Buy to look for some (I would assume that's where you go anyway...). I don't know what I need to look for on the boxes so I thought I'd ask for some advice to push me in the right direction into getting exactly what I want.

Download a 30 day trial of Adobe Premiere Elements or its big brother Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 and give them a try from Adobe's website.

Blog Entries

I like vegas - either of those will do all you need and far more.

Thanks you guys! I'll look into both!

FRAPS is the best for game recording though. If you really want to make gamevideos consider buying it for recording your videos. I never regretted that I bought it, their support is very friendly too and it's not that expensive.

For normal or not high-performance screen-recording camstudio is a great tool and free.
    CamStudio - Free Screen Recording Software

Really? I never really thought of buying FRAPS. Guess I thought of it as the "hand me down" version of recording. I guess I better look into it then .

I REALLY like the look of Vegas. Should I get the Vegas Pro 8 then?
    Ouch, so expensive !!! but, as dorky as it sounds...I don't see where it allows for multi-layering . Do they just not mention it? I thought you needed one of those nifty "green-screen" things ( so you can add moving animations that aren't really there into your video and make it look like they really are!) or a tool that can erase the fore-video allowing you to see the other video behind it etc.

I can see they allow you to add in titles...and where they allow "fade in fade out" into videos but no layering.......

YouTube - Dude Where's My Mount?: Episode 5- This is a pretty good example of what I'm looking for. All the characters have indidually been edited in. The monkey on his shoulder, the money in his hand, the cash machine, the bench etc. EVERYTHING in the introduction.

Does it have the tools to do that =P? Do you have the Pro-8? What are the "Vegas Movie Studio" versions? Are those ones just fine?
    Last edited by Mandi Candy; 07-22-2008 at 08:04 PM.

Vegas does have 'multi-layering' as you call it, it might be better to call it video tracks rather than layers as it isn't an image editor. I don't use Vegas myself but you can certainly add more video tracks (where you stack either video or still images on top of one another) and audio tracks in both Vegas and Adobe Premiere, chromakeying and green screen are also included in Vegas. Download a 30 day trial of it and try it out.