Thread: Pauses between some frames

Default Pauses between some frames

Well I've been plugging away using Vegas Movie Studio 8.0 Version. I'm starting to get the hang of some of it and it's looking pretty good. But I do have some new issues that I would like to ask about and try and resolve.

When connecting movie frames to existing frames, I notice that every once in a while, there is like a pause, or what I would like to describe as a video hiccup. The sound doesn't pause, but the video seems to freeze pause "hiccup" for about 1/10 of a second. This usually takes place when the two video frames blend into one another. What would be the cause of that and what would correct this?

Also when I connect video frames, at the point where the two frames blend into one another, sometimes during the blend, the video breaks up or starts to move very slowly throughout the transition from one set of frames to the next. Again the audio is not at all effected when this happens, it's just the video. What would cause that and what would correct this?

When I click and drag a "strand" of frames and connect them to the last frames of the project, I notice that a blue "X" forms when I overlap the joining frames. If the X is solid blue, the blend works out really nice. But sometimes the "X" is half white and half blue. This usually indicates that the "blend" isn't going to transition smoothly when being played by either moving slowly during transition between the frames in the blend or that there will be a pause, freeze moment between the transition between frames. What does it mean when the "X" is half white and half blue.

Hope you can help me with these small issues. It will be nice to solve these issues.

Thanks,

Kameron
    Last edited by Kameron; 07-21-2008 at 11:00 PM.

Blog Entries

I suspect these pauses are just in your preview but won't appear in the rendered file. This is normal - your puter is doing lots of work trying to preview the effect (transition in real time)
    Drop the quality of the preview to get a better idea of timing or pre-render the areas giving grief.
    If you select the time around the transition then hit "Q" and play that selection (Q loops it) you'll find it gets progressively better.
    But as I say - don't worry - it's just your realtime preview. (Or, at least, don't worry unless it happens in the final product)
    Tim

Your exactly right, because after I rendered the video and burned it onto DVD, when I watch it, it's smooth all the way through the blended frame transitions. Looks very sweet watching it now on DVD. Is this the same case for the parts where it slows down a great deal when the two frames are blending? I figured out that the reason it slows down is if you overlap two frames that contain some same footage. Or at least I was able to remedy the problem when I cut out the part that was overlaping the other.

I played around with it a bit and found some interesting things out while I was working on my project, but some other things have gone unsolved. I'm very happy with the end results.

Thanks for the help.

Kameron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kameron View Post
    Your exactly right,
    It happens every once in a while

Glad you're happy with the results.
    Tim