Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WANTED: someone to compile a boxing dvd

Default WANTED: someone to compile a dvd

Hello you bunch of retards
    Last edited by ragingbull81; 12-26-2010 at 01:17 AM. Reason: delusional retards

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ragingbull81 View Post
    Hello, I have just joined this forum looking for someone who can compile a compilation dvd for me. I am holding a boxing dinner in November with Frank Bruno, Charlie Magri and Alan Minter as guests. I want a dvd producing to play for around an hour as the guests eat their meals. I have seen a few video clips on you tube that gave me the idea of having a dvd made of about 20 minutes length for each boxer all put together for an hour of footage. Ideally I would like some music, some bits of the fight commentary, slow motion footage and maybe some voice overs etc. I have lots of dvd's of all three of them boxing and just need someone who can edit and splice it all together. I am willing to pay for the service and would appreciate any help. I can be contacted at robthomas_201@fsmail.net. thankyou
    A few questions:

1) What is your approximate budget?
    2) Have you sought the appropriate copyright approval / paid the appropriate fees?
    3) Do you require any DVD presentation - packaging, menus, chapters etc?
    4) What is the project timescale?
    5) Will you provide the Voiceover or do you need this to be arranged for you?
    6) Will you provide a list of clips to edit, or is choice at the editors discretion?
    7) Have you extracted the contents of the DVD, or would you like the editor to provide this service?

Based on various assumptions, I would quote somewhere between 1,000 to 2,000 for the project. It would take 5 working days to complete.

oh right, would you settle for 1500? that is our budget for the dvd. yes we have all the licenses and hope you can do a professional job. i was toying with the idea of doing it myself with windows movie maker but i haven't done any kind of work like this before so would probably mess it up. i might get into the business now though if thats what you charge! what would you do with 1500? buy some more crack you clown! you should really stay off that crack pipe it makes you delusional

Blog Entries

What would you do with 1500? buy some more crack you clown! you should really stay off that crack pipe it makes you delusional
    Your comments show a lack of professionalism, which would not endear you to a prospective editor. I gave you a quote based on the information you provided. This would involve a considerable amount of work, and the price is based on an hourly rate. If you feel the quote to be outside of you budget, then I am sure you would be able to find someone to do a reasonable job for less. Why don't you try contacting a college to hire a student to do the work - I'm sure they would appreciate the chance to practice.
    Last edited by Marc Peters; 07-24-2008 at 08:41 AM.

Blog Entries

Actually I am the boards crack whore - marc, as you can tell by his urbane and professional approach is a heroin addict.

I will do the job for a ten bag and a kit kat.

Seriously tho' - just come cos you can drive dont mean you will give lifts to strangers.

Some people clearly have no idea of the work and costs involved in video production.

I'm curious as to what our new friend actually thought was a reasonable price to pay for this piece of work.

Based on the info given so far I would agree that an editor should set aside a week for a piece of work like this - subject to receiving copies of hte licences mentioned of course. 1000 would equate to about only 27 per hour. A cheap rate indeed. Just see how many car mechanics or plumbers you can get to work for that rate!!!

So then my friend, what were you expecting/hoping to pay for this job?

Blog Entries

Maybe, in the world of boxing, the managers get the money and the mugs go into the ring and do all the work.

Video isn't like that I'm afraid. Marc's quotes were perfectly reasonable and not at all OTT. If you think that you can do better.... go ahead.

Frank Bruno, Charlie Magri and Alan Minter...who are they again?

Default blue ray dvd

i have been authoring and editing video for almost 9 years and i can do all of the thing you said in your post.

oh right, would you settle for 1500? that is our budget for the dvd. yes we have all the licenses and hope you can do a professional job. i was toying with the idea of doing it myself with windows movie maker but i haven't done any kind of work like this before so would probably mess it up. i might get into the business now though if thats what you charge! what would you do with 1500? buy some more crack you clown! you should really stay off that crack pipe it makes you delusional

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast