Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Sanity

Smile The Sanity

My newest film.
    Please just give comments on it, I'd love to hear what people think.

THE SANITY

Constructive Critisism extremely welcomed.
    That's how you progress!
    Last edited by BritishEye; 08-09-2008 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Fixed broken link

Blog Entries

I can see that a lot of work has gone into this video. Technically, the auto-exposure kicked in a couple of times which can be a bit annoying. Apart from that, nice camerawork, editing, music and acting. It's nice to see (or rather, hear) that you spent time on the sound, something which is often overlooked in amateur productions. There were a few sound issues but generally it was good and I suspect that some of the grunts and groans were dubbed in post production. This shows that you are aware of the importance of the soundtrack.

I'm not into excessive-horror stuff so, for me, it was all far too OTT for my taste. However, I'm sure others will disagree! I'm also a bit concerned that there was no "story" as such, it appeared to be an excercise in horror effects rather than a horror film. Bear in mind that the viewer knows that it's fake blood so you need to find a way of building tension in the mind of the viewer apart from just the gore. Having said that, the effects were very well executed and looked realistic compared to similar productions.

All in all a fine example of videomaking, not really my kind of genre but I can appreciate the effort you've put in. Get a decent script though, and you'll see a massive improvement. Good stuff!

Wow, thanks! Great feedback
    This was made for a Film Studies 'practice film' before next year in sixth form for ALevel.

We were given 3 weeks, and a brief:

Genre: Horror
    Locations: 2
    Limitations: No dialogue
    Director Reference: Tarantino
    Time: 4 mins

Just to add to what Guru said, I thought the editing was absolutely first class

Wow, thanks Shiner, and Guru.
    This really means alot

Blog Entries

Now prepare for me too bow down befor your greatness too.

I just invented an award for best user vid I have seen for ruddy ages.

Great choice of shots - totally genre tastic. Loved the colour work, the intense look. Actors didnt come across as wooden at all no doubt cos you used what they had well.

Lovely editing. Sound suitably ott. FX - BAARRRF, no excuses needed.

The whole had a genuinely disturbing vibe where most stuff like this just comes across as silly.

Quite disturbing and, er, almost erotic... oh dear, maybe I shouldnt have said that - honest i dont fantasise about killing teenage boys - just kidnapping them.

Wow, thanks!
    This is really great feedback, I wasn't especting this!

Neither was I expecting your love for kidnapping teenage boys, Mark...

Blog Entries

What Mark's doing is called "grooming"... don't fall for it!

Don't let this go to your head!
    Allowances have been made for your age, lack of finance and basic equipment. In other words... it's a good start.

Now we know what you can do, we won't be so generous next time!

No, there's no way I ever let compliments or critisisms get the better of me. I just use them to progress, which is the way it should be.

Ooer, now you make me nervous. I'll take these constructive critisisms in and build upon them for next time.

Blog Entries

SLANDER ! ! ! lol.

Yes - I tend to be generous with my praise. Sure there was lots missing but what was there was great.

I could find bits to criticise but within the resources available i tht that was churlish given waht you have achieved, and often my own achievements are my bench mark and if i had made that i would be well chuffed.

But I would have kept a couple of the teenage boys alive....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast