Thread: Adobe novice seeks advice

Default Adobe novice seeks advice

Hello all. I have just DOWNLOADED trial version of Adobe premier elements (v6). Before i buy it i ihave a quick question. I would like to make a slide show which uses both photos and videos. However i cant seem to insert into the slideshow video footage. It allows me to insert a still piece of footage from a video but i would like to insert actual moving video footage. Any advice on this? It may be that i have the wrong software.

Thanks

Jerome

Blog Entries

Generally speaking a slide show consists of series of photos. I would not have thought there would be a piece of software that's been designed to used both video and photo within one to automatically produce this. I would suggest that you create your slide show and export this, then import this back into a project and edit in the video clips. Alternatively create your video and clip slideshow manually.

I've never used Elements, but have recently made a slideshow on Premier Pro that consisted of both videos and photos, which leads me to believe that you could possibly do it on Elements. I have a feeling that Premier Pro is a little out of the pricerange you were looking at, but I would consider it because it gives you a lot of freedom when it comes to making videos and slideshows alike. Good luck!

Blog Entries

I wasn't aware that there was an automated slide show facility in Premiere Pro. Any NLE can create a slide show by droping images onto a timeline, but when users create a 'slide show' with software, this implies an element of automation. Is this available in Premiere Pro?

oh right, I apologize, I didn't read the automated part of the question. There is definitely no way to do an automated slideshow with Premier. The only program I've ever seen that can do it is Wondershare DVD Slideshow Builder, and if I'm not mistaken the program is less than $50. I've not used it extensively, but I know that the point of it is that it's automated for a combination video/still photo slideshow. Hope this helps.