Thread: Make movie with pictures (MS movie)!?

Default Make movie with pictures (MS movie)!?

Hello! I want to make a video like this

The first i did was to try make a animation in Macromedia flash 8. It was pretty good but the graphic went not so good when i filmed with Camstudio (i searched after swf to avi converter and found 2, but both was really bad).
    Well, i asked the guy who made that movie at youtube. He/she said that it was made only in BannedStory and Sony Vegas!

So what i did first was to test how she/he have made it.
    I did first put in backgrouund in BannedStory and putted chars, i saved and remake them abit.
    When i had like 10 pictures (chars and background in same layer) then i tried put in all in Sony Vegas.
    Well i didn't see so much and i couldn't make smooth zoom because it was in pictures. So i saved the film and then opened it again in Sony Vegas and made the Zoom.
    But the result wasn't so good, it was pretty shaking or something (can load it up later if you want).

Well, then i looked more at that movie (also the maple table rush video). Then i saw it CANNOT be made in whole pictures, that she/he must bee putting the chars and background in different place in Sony Vegas!
    SO i made new characters in BannedStory and then i putted in my characters in Sony Vegas and i putted in the background.
    But now another problem appear.. Pretty logic too.
    The problem is that the characters went now too big.. And im confused and don't know how im gonna make a movie like he/she does

So please help me!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahh View Post
    The problem is that the characters went now too big..
    To change the size of the characters use event pan & crop in Vegas.
    Tim

But then when ive done it and will make the next picture i must make the EXACTLY thing again!

How i do then? Looking what i got on my last picture, write it on my new? like 100 of times? Will take 1 hour to do it with 30 pictures (thats might will be 3 secounds on the video.

Make a test video like they've done, just a fast one to show what u can do then.

Blog Entries

If your characters are in stills then you'll need to pan and crop each still. If ot's a video then you pan and crop at the beginning of the event and move it as the timeline progresses.

As I've no idea what BannedStory is and I'm having some difficulty understanding your English (not a criticism - I couldn't begin to try to explain a problem in any language other than English) I'm at a bit of a loss to know what your source footage is and what you're trying to achieve. Sorry :(
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    If your characters are in stills then you'll need to pan and crop each still. If ot's a video then you pan and crop at the beginning of the event and move it as the timeline progresses.

As I've no idea what BannedStory is and I'm having some difficulty understanding your English (not a criticism - I couldn't begin to try to explain a problem in any language other than English) I'm at a bit of a loss to know what your source footage is and what you're trying to achieve. Sorry :(

BannedStory is this MapleSim :: BannedStory Simulator

And i got the same problem as her.

help us please.. To use crop is impossible to do.. Will take ages

It must be able to make replace tool.. You know so i can paste a picture at the EXACTLY place as i did with the last picture on the same line or something.. Because the guy who has made that video is not probly use crop tool on every picture he is import.

He have wrote RUSH in the video, and that he done the movie FAST! Make with crop on every clip and make it perfect will take a week to make a film that is like 1 minute.

In macromedia flash you can replace pictures, but i guess it can be better in Sony Vegas because he have only used it and BannedStory (bannedstory he is only make the pictures, all other job in Sony Vegas)

[EDIT]
    Watch this
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=hnlPmOTNJyM

made in sony vegas too, i guess. Anyway not in a flash program because that you see on the characters when they're smooth glinding?

Tell us how to do thiiis with crop and that
    Last edited by Sucre; 07-27-2008 at 07:38 PM.

Blog Entries

Sorry, I'm really struggling to understand what you're trying to do here.
    It seems to me you have a background video and you want to move/resize a still image on top of it.
    Put your background on track 2
    Put your still icon with a transparent backgroud on track 1
    Use track motion (or track motion and pan & crop) on track 1 to resize and move your still image. Use keyframes for this movement
    eg frame1 you place the image top left
    you want him to move to top right on frame 30
    at frame 30 place the character top right
    Vegas will interpolate positions and create all the inbetween frames so that on frame 2 the character has moved very slightly to the right, frame 3 a little bit more etc etc.
    Tim