Thread: easycap video adaptor problem

Default easycap video adaptor problem

hi i have recently bought a EASYCAP VIDEO ADAPTOR i downloaded using ulead software and after downloading all an conecting my camcorder to it , to record it keeps coming up with BANDWIDTH PROBLEM does anyone actually know what it means and how do i alter it the picture just comes up green and pink when the camcorder is playing.

thanks trac

Quote Originally Posted by tracyg View Post
    hi i have recently bought a EASYCAP VIDEO ADAPTOR i downloaded using ulead software and after downloading all an conecting my camcorder to it , to record it keeps coming up with BANDWIDTH PROBLEM does anyone actually know what it means and how do i alter it the picture just comes up green and pink when the camcorder is playing.

thanks trac
    Hi tracyg, I too havejust bought an easycap video adaptor and I too have the same problem. I was wondering if my connection to my analogue camcorder was the problem. I only have an audio and video (yellow /white) output from the camcorder. Then I am attaching them to the easycap usb then plugging in the usb to the pc. A message appears on the screen, saying there is no signal. PLease can someone help me @!@***!

thanks for getting intouch seems to be a problem with these ive tried all sorts but the message still appears so still cant use it if there is anyone out there can help us both that will great.

Hi I've never used Easycap but have you tried installing a codec pack like K-Lite it might just be worth a try.

no i havent but i could give it a try, the instructions for it just say install and works straight away, but who are they kidding lol all i get is a green blank screen, it doesnt mention u have to download anything else thats why its called easy cap.!!! ill give that a try in anycase thanks for letting me know.
    tracy

Thumbs up Easy CAp solved

Hi tracyg, I managed to solve the problem with my easycap USB. First of all get your Easy cap screen on your monitor. Make sure your audio / video cables are connected from camcorder to easycap USB and plugged into USB connection.
    Next, you click on the Capture tab at top of screen. Ensure your source reads: "SyntekSTK1150". Your format must be either "AVI or DVD". (I've used either and they both work). Then click on the options wheel underneath. Then inside the box click on "Video and Audio Capture Property Settings". Inside the box make sure in the Input source you choose "Video Composite" from the drop menu. Then underneath you should the "TV System". This should read "PAL" from the drop menu. The Audio device should read "Digital Audio Interface"
    Then click on "ok" at bottom of box. Ensure your camcorder is in "Play" mode. YTou should now see your video playing on your screen. To record your video onto your PC, you click on "Capture Video". You will lose your picture for a moment then it will re-appear and start recording. You know it's recording because you will see the counters on your screen going up.You will not hear the sound until after you stop recording and play it back. Hope this has been helpful. Let me know if it worked. Good luck

hi johng
    thanks for getting back to me i will give it a try and let u know, congrats it works for you, fingers crossed for me.
    cheers tracy

Angry not working

hi im afraid it asnt worked for me there is still green and movement but pink people ive tried everything u said but nothing as changed for me so either it is faulty or what i dont know.
    do u have anyother ideas please
    thanks tracy

You haven't said what you are connecting to, and if you use the PAL or NTSC format
    Bryan

If video comes out with only green and pink color, so the most common reason for that is that Your USB port is not version 2.0 - I bet Your USB port is older version and too slow.