Thread: Windows DVD Maker not working

Default Windows DVD Maker not working

I made a previous topic in regards to the Toshiba MovieFactory not working. I have tried a Windows one(which came with the laptop) and that's not working either. When I go to burn it, it says "Windows DVD Maker has stopped working". Again, I have no idea why this is. Any help on either topic would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Anyone help please?

It would help to let us know the specs of your computer and DVD burner,so a possible solution can be afforded you. Let us know.

Errr...To be honest I am not really computer savvy. All I know right now is that I have a Toshiba Equium A200 Laptop, running Windows Vista Home. If you could give me a hand in trying to find the specs you need that would be great(As in if you could tell me how to find the specs). I am really sorry for being such a pain. ~_~!

Just a thought, are you able to capture the video to your program, edit it? If so it seems that possibly there is a conflict between your DVD burning software and the program you are using Windows DVD Maker. That happens to me with the new program I just bought, Premeire Elements 4, I can capture the video from my camera and edit the viedeo but when I go to burn it to disk I get the same message you get. My solution was to not burn to Disk, rather to my harddrive, then using a DVD burning software I then make my DVD, I have Nero on my you may have different one. Check you documentation with Windows DVD Maker, to see if this option is available to you. Since I don't use this program unfortunately I can't walk you thru it, but don't hesitate to post if you have any problems with this.

I have just tried the ConvertXtoDVD and I think I have a problem with the actual burning. I don't think the burning thing is working. So I think you are right. Do you think I may have to take it somewhere and get it fixed or something. Although I will try downloading Nero to see if that will work.

Before you have your DVD burner repaired first check to see if there is a software conflict between the program you are using and the burner software. This is not uncommon. Further did you check to see if you could burn your video to your harddrive then as I stated before see if you can then burn it to DVD from the harddrive and not the program you are using. Also check to make sure your DVD Burners are up to date. Let me know if this is a viable solution.

Ok. I have installed Nero, and converted the file and tried using Nero to burn it, and it still won't work. I'm sorry but this is really bugging me now. I honestly greatly appreciate your help. I am going to try and mess around with the settings on Nero and see what comes of that. If nothing happens then I will have a chat with my Dad and see what he thinks I should do. I hate to say it, but I think I may have to send it off the be repaired :( I just can't think of what might have messed it up. Yea so I wil have a little look and see what happens. Again I really appreciate your help x