Thread: Brad Lundgren digs celebrity scat

Blog Entries

Default Brad Lundgren digs celebrity scat

Introducing Brad Lundgren celebrity scat hound.

In his first outing he reveals some suprising shit about celebrity interviewer Sylvia Razzle.

( work in progress - made me laugh so much I couldnt wait. )

http://www.zaskarfilms.com/Films/Temp/effallc1.wmv (2.5mbit stream)

Parental guidance advised - contains swearing

Blog Entries

Ok.... no feedback...

I guess that means it is painfully crap! I am aiming at some character to do daft film reviews and celeb gossip spots.

On reflection I like the presentation / editing but that accent is entirely daft, and all i can manage in that stupid voice is shouting and rating. Cant act to save me life.

May re do with a more plausable accent and more careful preperation, we only had an outline script and I winged it.

Blog Entries

I still don't think that it works.

It comes across as as a bit of an ego trip. Which I know isn't the case.

Your alter-ego doesn't quite float the boat for me. In my (not so humble) opinion an "anchor" has got to have a screen presence, something which makes you want to keep looking at him. Your character just shouts. That's not enough for me and, I suspect, most viewers. The character is certainly annoying but not charismatic enough to grab your attention. It doesn't help that the sound distorts a few times.

Strangely enough, I reckon that if you were just yourself, with your understated surreal sense of humour, it would tick all the boxes, no need to go so OTT.

The script needs a lot more work, since the character can't carry the show. It reminds me a bit of some of Kenny Everett's stuff from the seventies but lacking something...

PS. Before anyone has a go at me for being so cruel and blunt. Mark W is a good mate and I've known him many years. He produces more "just-for-fun" videos than anyone else on this forum and I know that he's capable of much better than this. He just needs a good slap now and then.

Blog Entries

Ha - two other people said similar - Kenny everett without the charisma - cant do the dam accent anyway - was aiming for new york sort of....

Will try again in cockney, and less brash.

I am watching tonnes of films at the mo on my new sparkly home cinema and I thought maybe a similar format with eccentric but informed (ish) film reviews may be intersting.

I am going to stick with the look and feel as that I like.