Thread: Black screens in place of sped-up clips.

Unhappy Black screens in place of sped-up clips.

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/sony-ve...timelapse.html

First post, please forgive any missed etiquette.
    I'm experiencing the same problem listed in the thread linked- however I've absolutely no idea how to resolve it.

I'm making an AMV (honestly, this one's not bad.)- I've rubber-banded (I think that's the terminology) all the clips in which I've changed the speed in some way. Everything appears to be fine- in preview everything plays as intended (doesn't it always?)- but while rendering, the preview box shows black screens in place of any clips that I have sped up, while slowed down clips display properly. When fully rendered, the finished product mirrors this. Audio is not affected by any of this.

Running Vegas 8.0 pro.
    Any advice much appreciated.

Note: I'll need good detail, I'm close to Vegas retarded.

Come on people... please? I know you guys are pro at this stuff.

Default Hope This Solves Your Problem

So yeah I've recently started playing around with Sony Vegas [8] and I had this same problem occur to me today =(
    I'm no expert when it comes to these types of things but heres something you might want to try to fix the problem
    1)Click the clip you fast forwarded/slowed and appears black after rendering
    2)Right click the clip and click Properties
    3)It should open up to the Video Event tab [If not go there]
    4)There you'll see a list named Switches and underneath will be a checkmark list or whatever you like to call it
    5)Above Playback Rate will be 3 options: Smart resample, Force resample, Disable resample
    6)Check off Disable Resample for the selected clip and hopefully you wont end up with a black screen when rendering =D

Blog Entries

Dont know what an amv is... more info needed... what media are you editing - source, codec ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Dont know what an amv is... more info needed... what media are you editing - source, codec ect.
    Oh- AMV is just a genre of movie.
    Using an AVI (not a dodgy one, had no problems importing, editing etc) and rendering to NTSC DV but using progressive scan instead of weird aspect ratio.
    Last edited by skyheath; 07-11-2008 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruhi911 View Post
    So yeah I've recently started playing around with Sony Vegas [8] and I had this same problem occur to me today =(
    I'm no expert when it comes to these types of things but heres something you might want to try to fix the problem
    1)Click the clip you fast forwarded/slowed and appears black after rendering
    2)Right click the clip and click Properties
    3)It should open up to the Video Event tab [If not go there]
    4)There you'll see a list named Switches and underneath will be a checkmark list or whatever you like to call it
    5)Above Playback Rate will be 3 options: Smart resample, Force resample, Disable resample
    6)Check off Disable Resample for the selected clip and hopefully you wont end up with a black screen when rendering =D
    Champion.
    Fixed my problem straight away.

Also, I love you, marry me.

xD I cant see marriage in my future xDD
    But yeah youre welcome I guess ^^