Thread: What video program to use?

Default What video program to use?

Ok, So I tried AVS, but it didn't work. I want to put a image(I already made in photoshop) over top a video. Any video, doesn't matter. But I want it so the image has a transparent background. So you dont see white as the background. I already saved the image in photoshop as a .gif and saved it with a transparent background. AVS wouldn't allow me to do this, it kept showing a white background. Which video program do you suggest I buy?

Save the image as either a .tiff or .psd file with a layer or alpha channel (not sure if AVS does alpha channels) and see if that gets rid of the white background. If it works great, but if it doesn't then download a 30 day trial of Adobe Premiere Elements 4 or Sony Vegas and try it with either of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    Save the image as either a .tiff or .psd file with a layer or alpha channel (not sure if AVS does alpha channels) and see if that gets rid of the white background. If it works great, but if it doesn't then download a 30 day trial of Adobe Premiere Elements 4 or Sony Vegas and try it with either of those.
    What do you mean by saving the file with a layer or a alpha channel? Im assuming in photoshop, but can you explain more? Thank you.

the term "alpha channel" is the correct phrase to use when you say "transparent background".

Most images on a computer have three channel , R, G and B right? Some format allow a fourth channel, the alpoha channel. Any pixel with that channel set will be transparent and so will show the video layer underneath thorugh it when compositted on top of video.

Dunno what AVS is. If you editted the image in Photoshop then just save it as PSD (photoshop) file. Not only will this preserve the alpha channel but ti will also preserve thelayers for you. Some (maybe all I dunno) video editors will allow you to import a photoshop image and preserve the layers allowing you to animate them on your video. Needless to say the Adobe editors do this just fine with Photoshop files.

When I add this Alpha channel. It comes up black on the screen.

*EDIT*

Soon as I was typing this i figured it out. I added the alpha channel but it was black. Did some research and was reading that you should make it white to delete the background. Correct?

Because now I just added it to the video program and the background is transparent, so it worked! Thanks a lot guys!

Another problem I have:

I downloaded Sony Vegas Platinum. Every time I try to open it, it does the loading screen of the program but then I get this error:

"Failed to initialize script host." And I have to hit ok or cancel. Either one I choose it closes it and I cant enter the program. But the program is still running in the background and I have to shut it down by ctr+alt+delete.

Any clue why I get this error?

Im going to post it in Sony Vegas forum also.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by IamNumber1 View Post
    Ok, So I tried AVS, but it didn't work. I want to put a image(I already made in photoshop) over top a video. Any video, doesn't matter. But I want it so the image has a transparent background. So you dont see white as the background. I already saved the image in photoshop as a .gif and saved it with a transparent background. AVS wouldn't allow me to do this, it kept showing a white background. Which video program do you suggest I buy?

You can try to use Watermark Master, all need features soft support!