Thread: Help replacing a moving color

Default Help replacing a moving color

Hi...I'm a huge superman fan, and I was a bit disappointed with superman's suit in the latest movie and I'm trying to change it.

As you can see the suit moves alot. I have After effects CS3 and no experience at all.

I want to learn from experience. Is there any tutorial that can show me how can I do this? or if someone has the patience to write a tutorial or record one on video....I would be very appreciative.

Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by krug3r View Post
    [LEFT]Hi...I'm a huge superman fan, and I was a bit disappointed with superman's suit in the latest movie and I'm trying to change it.
    What exactly was wrong with his costume then? Don't tell me... wrong shade of red right? We had a guy asking the same thing on these forums just after the movie came out. Do some searching and read that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by krug3r View Post
    As you can see the suit moves alot. I have After effects CS3 and no experience at all.
    And that is the real trick I'm afraid. Aftre Effects is a significant tool and you absolutely will NOT leanr it quickly from any couple of dozen tutorials. You need to sit down with it for a couple of months (literally) and work you way through something like this. Amazon.co.uk: Creating Motion Graphics with After Effects: Essential and Advanced Techniques (DV Expert): Essential and Advanced Techniques: Trish Meyer: Books

Pay attention to masking, keying and colour correction which is what you'll be wanting to do. i.e. mask out all the red and then colorize it to the shade you want.

Also, I'm presumin the film studio have given their permission for you to change their product