Thread: Guy gets hit in the face with bat

Default Guy gets hit in the face with bat

I hit my friend Andrew off a bike with a bat... By hitting him in the face.
    Ouch.

YouTube - Bat to the Head

Check it out and let me know what you think. Check out the rest of the channel as well.

YouTube - MugnaplumbatumaInc's Channel

We've got music videos on there. We've got A parody of Dawn of the Dead (Day of the Dweebs). We've got loads of stuff so check it out. It's GUARANTEED to give you a good chuckle.

um......I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this has no artistic or technical merit whatsoever. Good job at nearly killing someone though.

Blog Entries

The footage is completely overexposed, not watchable in fact. This is one of the few occasions when autoexposure would have been preferable to the almost white images. The sound is terrible, we hear the person on the camcorder lauging, (huh, huh. huh) but not the particpants. Very annoying.

The plot is.... teenager on a bike, rides along at walking pace, gets hit by a plastic toy bat and he falls off.

Yeah.... and....?

Sorry, not up to standard, you need to really get to grips with your camcorder, concentrate more on the technicalities and basics.

Blog Entries

I liked your homage to queen, but dont let it go to your head.

Contributors like to view and criticise films people make, but post oppertunistically, and furthermore it we get a whiff of you tube spamming the quality of your feedback may deteriorate.

I have hit mania so I do understand... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guru View Post
    The footage is completely overexposed, not watchable in fact. This is one of the few occasions when autoexposure would have been preferable to the almost white images. The sound is terrible, we hear the person on the camcorder lauging, (huh, huh. huh) but not the particpants. Very annoying.

The plot is.... teenager on a bike, rides along at walking pace, gets hit by a plastic toy bat and he falls off.

Yeah.... and....?

Sorry, not up to standard, you need to really get to grips with your camcorder, concentrate more on the technicalities and basics.

No artistic merit? Definitely wasn't going for artistic. Guy laughing on the camera? Sorry if he laughs... Bad sound? Sorry, our budget doesn't allow for booms. Overexposed? Yes, but you can see.

You really need to not rip on people for things that, well, are really unimportant when watching someone get hit in the face by a bat. Sheesh.

Blog Entries

Exposure, sound... unimportant?

Duh.

This is a videomaking site, in case you hadn't noticed. We have people posting all sorts of material here for "critical assessment ". This phrase is written in bold type at the forum entrance. You post stuff here in order to get it criticised. Got it now? We have people who work really hard making videos, then posting stuff here, so that others can see things which they have overlooked and point it out to them.

Your video was badly framed, horrendously overexposed and the sound consisted of some teenager making monosylabic muffled comments and giggling. We could not see the action clearly nor could we hear the main protagonist. In other words, compared to the majority of the videos which are posted here, yours was pants.

As it says at the top of the page "If you're easily offended, it is recommended that you do not post".

Sheesh!
    Last edited by Rembrandt Rob; 07-08-2008 at 05:24 PM.

Not easily offended at all, sir.
    However, if you came into a thread titled "Guy gets hit in the face with a bat" expecting the Lumière Brothers... Shake your head.
    This video was made for nothing less than to make you chuckle. And if you did not do so, I'm sorry you don't have a sense of humour.
    On a side note, I really do appreciate your critical thinking, though, to openly criticize a video of this time just seems so... over critical?

Cheers.

Not funny at all. Boring. Last post I think you had here was something about 'Feeling' (which to me was also very boring) and someone here gave you a pro appraisal, to which I remember you replied something like " Dude, do you think after 3 weeks of editing we'd have missed that" My advise to you is " Don't give up the day job"