I am new to this forum but it seems like there are quite a few experts in this forum so I am hoping that someone can help me.

I am using Photoshop Elements 6 and Premiere Elements 4. It seems like recently I have lost all my picture catalogs as well as all the slide shows that I had created. Seems like all my catalogs have been corrupted. Not sure how that happened. I had all my pictures cataloged for the past 5 years with slide shows for many of them. Now, all I see are blank pictures in my slide shows. I tried to re-create my catalog files again. While I was half way done, I did backup my catalog files. A few days later when I tried to continie cataloging the files again, I saw that I had lost the pictures again. So, I was able to restore from my bacakup catalogs but I am not sure why I am all of a sudden losing my pictures and slide shows. I have been using Photoshop 6 for the past 5 months. This issue has just popped up.

On the Premiere Elements side, it seems like I cannot read the MPEG movies from my camcorder. I used to be able to do that in the past. So, I have not been able to edit any movie files since Elements cannot read the movie files. I also tried to convert the movie files to AVI format but it gives me some error about Audio error rate.

So, in summary, it seems like both the programs are not working properly. I have tried to reload the softaware again but it does not solve the problem.

Any advice for the experts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.