Thread: Premier CS3 using Pinnacle DV500 Card

Default Premier CS3 using Pinnacle DV500 Card

I've recently upgraded my Premier 6.5 to Premier CS3, previously the capture card I used is a Pinnacle DV500 and I can't seem to make it work with CS3. I have loaded the Pinnacle software also played about with the settings but still can't make it work.

Any ideas ? are there any drivers that will make it work ? Do I need to change the capture card ? If so, can anyone recommend the best capture card.

P.S. First visit to Digital Director forum, very impressive !

Adobe stopped supporting the DV500 after Premiere 6.5. When I discovered this when I upgraded to Premiere Pro a couple of years ago. For this reason, I kept a copy of 6.5 on my computer, and use it solely to capture clips with. Then I import those clips into the newer version of Premiere.

I have yet to find a reasonably priced alternative capture card.

Hi Therienne,
    Thanks for your reply, FYI I discovered that you can actually copy the driver from Pinnacle Hollywood FX to Adobe Premier program fiiles and the DV500 card will work with Premier CS3

Please can you specify which files must be copied to the PREM pro directory. I use Hollywood FD 4.6 and I have a capture card DV500. It would be very interesting that under Prempro you capture could be recognized. Many thanks