Thread: Vegas help

Default Vegas help

This might have been asked already, but I am very new to this softwear.
    My issue is that when i input audio into vegas, it "laggs". I started with vegas 7.0. Last month i completed a project, with no errors. Last week I started a new one, with errors. I thought the prgram might have somehow gotten corrupt. So i uninstalled it, and installed my Vegas 6.0, another program I have sucessfully used on this pc in the past. However, I still have the audio lag issue. I checked all my audio drivers on my pc itself. Nothing wrong there, no conflicts. But for some reason, when i add music to a project, it laggs the entire thing out. Even when I render, the finished copy is choppy, in both audio and video. I have spent days searching out answers to my problem, and come up short. Please, if anyone can help at all, I would appreciate it.
    I am out of options. If you need more information, I will be more than happy to provide it. Thanks to everyone for helping.

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyJ View Post
    My issue is that when i input audio into vegas, it "laggs". . . . However, I still have the audio lag issue. . . .. But for some reason, when i add music to a project, it laggs the entire thing out.
    What do you mean "laggs"? Please be a bit more thorough in your description? Supply a screen shot of the end AND beggining of the Video and Audio track. Do you have UNGROUP click and have moved the 2 Events out of sync? Easily done.

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyJ View Post
    Even when I render, the finished copy is choppy, in both audio and video.
    Now it is "choppy" what do you mean "choppy"? Can you post on you-tube or here a sample?

OK, first off check and CONFIRM you have your project paramameters set up to reflect your content. Let's get this out of the way - yeah? See what Vegas is telling you about your clips in the project manager and see if the audio IS the same sampling rate as the project settings. But you saying that even the render is not good doesn't sound good??

What re you rendering to? MPEG? AVI . ? Or what?

Need more information than you have supplied - yeah?

Grazie