Thread: A First for Me!

Default A First for Me!

Although not making a profit myself as I'm a volunteer in the project, it;s a first for me that A DVD set I produced from 'an event' is actually officially on sale to poeple wanting a copy.

Nothing too significant just the first time my work has been 'sold' anyway. A first for me so though I'd share.

Next year, at the same event I intend to charge a fortune....

Blog Entries

Good one Alan.

Nearest I get is shop dropping my dvds in virgin.

Blog Entries

I suspect that should go with my bee film ?

Congratulations Alan, any snippets online ?

Quote Originally Posted by shiner View Post
    Congratulations Alan, any snippets online ?
    Nah. Nothing that exciting I'm afraid.

Videod the presentation day for the local basketball club. Made it up into a two disk set and they are selling it to club members. I simpyl asked to cover my costs (which I rounded up just a little bit) for DVD production including case, disk a photo printing the cover and disks abnd told them they can then charge what they like to make some cash.

I even got a special thank you on the day (for videoing some of the matches) so I'm even in it!!!! What more could you ask for eh?

I do keep meaning to getting round to make a trailer/promo vid for it but not done that yet.

have received news today that on the back of this DVD production the basketball club in question now want me to video (and presumably edit) matches for showing on sportuk.tv.

I'll have to check into it of course. Don't want to do loads of work and then find I lose all rights to it cos I uploaded it and can't put my name on it etc etc. I'll gladly do that of course but will give myself the appropriate credit in the 'show' and will expect a proper rate.

Anyway, it's a compliment eh?

Definately. Great to see that work that gets public can gain interest from elsewhere.
    It's amazing when someone likes something you do, and then actually asks you to do something similar for them. Then you know you've got somewhere.

Well done on getting the work, just remember if you do work with sportuk.tv to get a contract drawn up so both yourself and they now where everyone stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    Well done on getting the work, just remember if you do work with sportuk.tv to get a contract drawn up so both yourself and they now where everyone stands.
    My thoughts exactly. Apparently they are planning a "training course" for mid September. I imagine it's where they tell me that when I upload the footage they then have all rights to it forever.... I don't think so. hopefully it will just be stuff like put this graphic at the start of everything and encode to this size, codec and bitrate.

This is a voluntery job so I aboslutely will NOT give up any rights.