Thread: Malta Intro

Default Malta Intro

Well, they don't come cheesier than this

Some friends who I hadn't seen for 22 years (I'm 36) contact me through Friends Reunited! We all lived in Cyprus together when we were younger and so were quite a close knit community (all being brits and all that).

Anyway, we all decided to have a reunion in Malta (where one of them now lives) in August. Had a great time and I took some footage while there and put together this sample video for them.

http://www.ski-info-online.com/picku...MaltaIntro.wmv (5.5 MB)
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Blog Entries

Nice closing shot. Your friends will love the video...

...but time for the usual critique Would have been good to have seen tighter integration with the soundtrack - the standard cut the edits to the beat. I'm also a great one for himmicks, for example mess around with the fireworks so that they explode with the timing of the handclaps at 0:09. Also try zooming in and around on the still photo.

Thanks Marc.

Yep, definitely needs a bit of tighter integration with the sound. Some bits are a frame or two out from their beat and I need to adjust that really. I've known this but it's not until someone says it that you think you really should change it.

Good idea regards the fireworks.
    Lloyd

Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Default Good

I liked it also - the first few seconds showed me somthing - I realized that with faster music it is okay to have short clips and jump from shot to shot as long as it is with the music. The viewer almost expects the shots to be more tightly edited when the tempo is up - then after the first few shots where you do a great job of this you slow the editing down but the music tempo stays up - then you loose me a little.

In my future videos I will make sure to not slip part way through and watch for this continuity.

Good work and I really appreciate the posting. Everytime a member posts it helps me! Thanks
    The tale of my death has been greatly exagerated

Dave, thanks for the feedback. I had an original sequence which maintained the snappiness throughout, but I felt by the end though it seemed a little too much. In the end I opted for a mix.

Appreciate your comments though.
    Lloyd

Blog Entries

We need more user videos. It's my fav bit of the forums!

Default Sweet

Very nice video. The quick changes kept me intrigued throughout. I do agree with Marc about the synching the video transitions with the music, that would give it a nice polished feel.

I'm always of the opinion that if the audience doesn't notice it (transitions and whatnot), then it works like a charm.

Blog Entries

Love that avartar. Sure beats my ugly mug.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    Love that avartar. Sure beats my ugly mug.
    Thanks...i'm a big fan of milk i s'pose.