Thread: Best way to Convert AVCHD without loosing quality

Default Best way to Convert AVCHD without loosing quality

i love adobe premiere pro, its the only editing program iv ever used and i would prefer to keep using it so i dont re learn everything with a different software, so my question is what is the best way to convert AVCHD into a format that will work with adobe premiere CS3, and what will be the best program to help me do that, and like i said i dont want to loose quality i would prefer a high resolution, im new to HD and need some help, so thanks

Nobody knows this? I am searching answers for the exact same questions as McNeely to edit my video recorded with a Canon HF10 camera.

Well it looks like I can't use Premiere Pro then to edit my AVCHD video. What program would you suggest to use instead?

Sony Vegas or Pinnacle Studio 12 for example?

Blog Entries

Sorry, didn't see this earlier. There are various solutions for editing AVCHD in Premiere CS3 - I looked into this a few months ago. If memory serves me correctly, I had the most success with ShedWorx | Home of VoltaicHD and RevolverHD | AVCHD, high definition, video conversion, software. Will update tonight.

Thanks. But are you sure this won't result in poorer quality?

I see on their site that this conversion should make the editing go smoother due to lower hardware requirements, compared with directly editing the video in some other program supporting AVCHD.

Though, if another program does it better without conversions etc, I would actually prefer that.. I have one of the new Intel Quad cpu's @ 2.66GHz and 4GB which should handle the editing okay?
    In this case, what program would you recommend? Sony Vegas or Pinnacle 12 Ultimate, or something else?

Blog Entries

Thanks for the link Chris.

7. Default

I have a similar problem, so will the Shedworx program work for me? I use VideoStudio Pro X2 and need to convert the AVCHD files from my Canon HF 100 camera to a more manageable file format.

Hi Simon

I get pretty good results using VAAST's Upshift!! It converts AVCHD files to M2t at 50mbs if you use the default settings and actually improves the colour!!!

If you go onto VAAST's site you can get a trial version as well to actually see the results.

Chris

9. Default

Thanks a lot Chris! Just to clarify, did you notice any dip in quality between your AVCHD files and the M2t files? Thanks!