Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grabbee x + No sound on playback

Default Grabbee x + No sound on playback

I am trying to convert VCR to DVD using my Dell laptop and the Grabbee X + capture device.

The pc is receiving both Audio and Video and both are there through the pc when monitoring.

However once recorded there is no sound. ( picture is normal.)

As I said I know both Vid and Audio are getting to the pc, but I don't know if the problem lies in the recording of the Audio or the playback.

I have tried making a disk with something recorded and the Audio is not on the disk.

Has anyone any experience of this?

Is there a setting on my pc I need to alter?

Thanks

Muck

I'm not familiar with the Grabee X so you'll need to fill me in on some of the connections it has. Does it have audio in? And does it have audio out to connect to the computer or does it use USB? Or are you running the audio from the vcr directly into the computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    I'm not familiar with the Grabee X so you'll need to fill me in on some of the connections it has. Does it have audio in? And does it have audio out to connect to the computer or does it use USB? Or are you running the audio from the vcr directly into the computer?
    Hi Nikosony,
    The Grabbee has 3 inputs (phono type connectors) Yellow Video, White and red L+R audio.
    Coming out from the Grabbee is a USB connector.
    Audio is getting to the pc because I can monitor it through the pc speakers. but no audio is there on playback once recording has taken place.
    Hope that helps.
    Thanks for your time

R

Now that we have eliminated the hardware as the source of the problem, it's time to move onto the software. What is the name of the software you are using to capture video from the Grabbee x? You may need to look at the audio capture settings and make sure it is set to USB and not something like mic in or line in.

If you are using Windows Movie Maker, then it may not be able to capture audio and you may either need to change to other software or try some other device to get both video and audio into your computer. Some editing software programs may not be able to work with the Grabbee x.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    Now that we have eliminated the hardware as the source of the problem, it's time to move onto the software. What is the name of the software you are using to capture video from the Grabbee x? You may need to look at the audio capture settings and make sure it is set to USB and not something like mic in or line in.

If you are using Windows Movie Maker, then it may not be able to capture audio and you may either need to change to other software or try some other device to get both video and audio into your computer. Some editing software programs may not be able to work with the Grabbee x.
    The software I am using is that provided with the Grabbee x, I have checked but can't find anything to change input to USB specifically but I will keep looking.

Can you recommend some software I could try? preferably free lol

I am using XP proffessional with a dell laptop.

Thanks

Default same problem

Would be gratefull for assistance i am trying to convert Analogue vids to cd my pc is Dell dimension 4700 which is up to date with drivers ect. and i am using GrabbeeXlight conversion software/equipment.

THe Video is connected via the grabbee equipment via my USB2 socket and the Audio via the Line In(i asume it is a line in as i can hear the audio via my speakers)

I can listen to the audio whilst recording via my pc speakers but during the play back the Video is perfect but there is no Audio.

I have even tried using my mic input socket and also confirmed that nothing was muted on the record and sound boxes

I will up date if i can get a fix for this

Hi. Was a solution ever found for this problem? I am experiencing exactly the same problem.

Hi, No I never solved the problem.
    I just gave up, if you have any clues please post and let me know.
    Thanks

Muck

I've done some further checking and it doesn't look good. The supplied capture software is called Amcap, which is shareware. I checked the help and it tells you how to set up and provides a FAQ which covers some error situations including this one. I followed the instructions to the letter but it just made matters worse. Now when I try to capture audio, I get an error message saying "An error occurred during capture. No time stamp has been set for this sample. (0x80040249 / 1036" This happens when I try to capture either uncompressed or AVI. If I try to capture WMV, I don't get the error message but it only captures about 15 frames then drops every frame from there on.

On further investigation, I found my way to the author's website but there is no support section. Just the FAQ that's in the help and a guestbook. When I clicked on the "Contact" link I got a message saying he can't access his email! I've left a message on his guestbook so I'll keep you informed if I get a response.

Hi Reidy1987,
    I recall trying to get information through the supplier but didn't get very far to be honest. It looks like you may have more luck than I did.

Good luck and if you make a breakthrough please let me know.

I am currently using the capture unit as an interface for a wireless security camera saving closed circuit tv stuff to my laptop. It doesn't need to record sound for that.

I am close to buying a VCR/DVD writer unit to convert my VHS tapes over to DVD.

Good luck

Muck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast