Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lovin' it!

Default you are so right

You are so right millsy - I am loving this process as well. I didn't realize until I got into it all the little details I would like so much. The best piece of info I got from a link that was attached somewhere in one of the forums - I think in one of your posts was - when writing the script - write the script DONT direct - that got me started. It let me get creative without worrying about how - then once I was started that I had to go back and start storyboarding - it has been a lot of late nights but will be worth it.

I also just got my brothers wedding footage I shot to edit and I am tripling my skills daily with the practice from the two projects (Marc it is not necessary to point out at this juncture that triple zero is still zero )

Anyway I am loving this site and the people who energized me to pursue this. And of course J.King my home boy here in town for his creativity and ideas - thank goodness at least one member on this site is local or I would go nuts!

Marc - I have finished the first wedding montage I was talking about - at full quality it is a gig - at 20% quality and a really small screen measurement it is about 80 megs - I would love to get it to you for posting any suggestions? - I am going to re-read the rules for the home video segment of the competition this one has definitly got to go in there!

Millsy my camera is the one in the picture attached (stripped down no extra toys attached in this picture) - 3CCD etc etc but not HD - that is the challenge get it six months ago and I wish I would have waited six months - anyway I highly recommend it - I have used a dozen newer cameras over the past three years and this beats all by far
    The tale of my death has been greatly exagerated

na can't enter it into home movies - the track is the couples fav song - oh well I would still love to share it on the site though

Encode to WMV with windows media encoder using one of the presets.

Default help

I don't see that option specifically - perhaps you can help me out

In Adobe 6.0 - when I choose FILE->EXPORT TIMELINE->MOVIE->SETTINGS->

under GENERAL - I choose Microsoft AVI and under VIDEO->COMPRESSOR - the closest options I recognize are CINEPAC CODEC or MICROSOFT VIDEO 1 or MICROSOFT MPEG 4 - V1 or V2

But I do not see a specific windows media encoder. What am I not seeing?

Thanks

My fault . Export as DV AVI, then run through a seperate application called Windows Media Encoder (freeware)

Look at that had it on my computer the whole time!

Since this is my first use - what do you recommend for output - 5Mb 2MB 1Mb or even lower.

This would save me outputting five times to see the differences.

As always Marc this site has been a godsend - THANKS!

How long is the video?

4 minutes

Don't go over 750k in total for the video and audio. Put the video to no more than 128.

I will try something else later but when I convert at 250 (options are 5g,2g,1g or 250k) and CD quality audio - it comes in at 9.3 megs - which wont email out (tried a bunch of times) - if I go to voice quality sound it is down to just over 7 but the sound is barely understandable.

Can't seem to win!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast