Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lovin' it!

Default Lovin' it!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I should have got into this hobby years ago.

You see, as much as my post count makes might make me look like a seasoned regular at this game to some, I am in truth still very new. Got my camera in Feb 04 and editing rig in June.

Unlike my previous comp entry, which was just an editing exercise using some footage I already had, my new comp entry is going to be a short story shot for the purpose of the comp.

What I didn't realise though was how much more I'd enjoy the process. Still in the planning stages but all the script writing, prop making (just letters to be opened and read in the story), planning camera angles and title sequences to I have the correct shot for them etc etc is just great fun.

I'm having loads of fun going through, what I guess is, the entire movie process.

I'll be writing, directing, filming, starring in and editing the entire production. The only thing I won;t be doing is writing the music. So much more to think about than making something out of the footage you already have. Great fun!

The final results might prove to be complete cack but I'm having loads of fun trying to piece it altogether and think it all through.

Just wanted to share that.

What camera did you get Milsy ? i'm thinking of the new XL2 - a lot of money i know here in Europe but a lot cheaper in the US. Good luck with your project and look forward to seeing it

I've actually been filming some things this weekend, for a video for a song that a friend of mine wrote some time ago. It's an incredibly crude comedy song, and the video isn't much better, so of course it's going to be posted in the "after the watershed" area when it's finished

Blog Entries

Default Thread Hijack

I'm most definately not lovin' it.

First day back at work. I hate: alarms, trains, people with bad breath, people that stare, people that read your paper, people, crossing City of London roads, people that don't hold the lift, pensions, full email boxes, useless crap left on your desk, people emailing knowing you're not in the office, people, emails from previous colleagues bragging how good their new job is, people and pensions.

Quote Originally Posted by shiner
    What camera did you get Milsy ? i'm thinking of the new XL2 - a lot of money i know here in Europe but a lot cheaper in the US. Good luck with your project and look forward to seeing it
    I bought myself a Sony TRV33E for my birthday in Feb. That's what I use. But if I continue to enjoy the hooby as much as I do at the moment then I'll invest in somethign more worthwhile next year I suspect. Keep the 33E for family holidays and stuff and get some sort of Prosumer model for 'movie making'.

A mate pouinted me at the new toy he's now saving up for the other day, a Sony HDR-FX1. Looks pretty decent. I'll worry about it next year if at all though. http://tinyurl.com/6zcjd

Man those new XL2's are the freaking bomb.
    Frank Sinatra - \"Thats Life, Biatch\"

Blog Entries

Not scared that they're not HDV?

Just scared of the price at the moment. Only price I've seen in blackand white is 5K UKP. It bloody well must be good if they can justify twice the price of its competitors eh?

and that's before you go buying lenses for it.

I think it's good the XL2 is coming out as it will mean if you are quick you should get a great price on the XL1! Problem is that I want a new kite buggy, Boris Red and an Xl1, but am married. If I get any of the buggers I will have done bloody well.

*sigh* why are all the things I want so damn expensive?
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Quote Originally Posted by LJR
    why are all the things I want so damn expensive?
    because if they were cheap, you would already have them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast