Thread: How to Remove One Color from a Video

Default How to Remove One Color from a Video

Hey guys. Can anybody name a program I can use to remove a single color from a video? Like say I just wanted to remove white by hex code or something. Preferably batch processing.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by blokhed View Post
    I just wanted to remove white by hex code
    I have no idea what this means. Could you please explain what you are trying to achieve in your clip and I may be able to help. SOund slike you want to convert all whites to blacks (which is what 'removing' them would do. but I cannot think of a reason for wanting to do that.

Or is it converting a video to black and white (grayscale) but leaving a single colour in?

You're right, sorry. Better yet, let me pose it this way: Is there any way I can blur just a certain section of a video, like to blur out faces or something? The location would be static though, so it doesn't have to be edited per frame.

You need to create a blurred semi transparent image in an image editor such as Adobe Photoshop, GIMP (find a link in Free Stuff in the Forum Announcements section to download this freeware image editor) or Paintshop Pro. It will need to be the same size as the area you wish to cover and will need to have a Gaussian Blur applied to it, you can make the shape a solid colour. let's say white or grey or set the Transparency to 50% to make it semi transparent. Save the image as a .psd on a layer of its own if using Photoshop or with an alpha channel if using another program so the surrounding area is transparent and not solid.

Import the image into your video editor, you will need more than one video track to do this and put the still image on track 2 above the video which should be on track 1. You'll also need to click and drag the image to the correct position so it covers the correct area of the video underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by blokhed View Post
    You're right, sorry. Better yet, let me pose it this way: Is there any way I can blur just a certain section of a video, like to blur out faces or something? The location would be static though, so it doesn't have to be edited per frame.
    that's a completely different question to the one originally asked and is covered in an article onthe web site.