Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Video Producer

Default Wanted: Video Producer

Hi.
    Having decided to stick to what we do best; writing soundtracks, we are looking for someone with CGI knowledge to take a Title track video to the next level.
    The production work is unpaid, although you will be credited in the titles and info pages for what you have done.

If you think this is for you, please get in touch.

Kind Regards,
    Lu
    Last edited by Mark W; 06-21-2008 at 11:31 PM.

Blog Entries

Right, now I am annoyed - same silly post, second time on the forum. Banned.

See, here's the thing.
    Do you believe I get paid for the 100's of hours I spend writing music, staying up all night when I've had a ball-breaking day at work, seen to the house, tended my three children and other dependants? No. Why? Quite simply, because a little bit of goodness makes the world go round so much more smoothly, and a little song can do so much to help people smile. So, perhaps it does 'sound too much like charity', but lets face it, no-body can take their hoards of gold to eternity can they?

Open the heart a little and I promise you Mark, the sun might just shine for you too.

Love,
    Lucy.

Blog Entries

Hee - yea - opened my heart a bit ! Like I said elsewhere i think, i had spam mod overload that day i think and I cracked with the double post.

My apologies. I am nice sometimes !

Wanted, Second camera operator.

Will pay peanuts, you can have roasted or sweet,

Benefits, none, because I will take all the credit.

How you will benefit.
    You will get to pay for your own petrol, use your own car, your own equipment,
    If your extremely lucky you will get to do more work of a similar nature at the same rate!

Look forward to hearing from you all.....NOT....

Oh GDR! What a shame you had to sink to those depths. Thankfully, I have received a phone call from a lovely young lady who worked as a CGI Junior on Lord of the Rings, and said she would be delighted do it, (being as its going out at several major film fests). By the way darling, I was paying expenses, but now you will never know and more's the pity return to that lonely little world of self ego masturbation and emptyness.

I shall take no more of your time, and leave this matter for good.

I shall sign off permanently now, though parting is such sweet sorrow is it not?

P.S. Mark W.....you are actually quite a sweetie you know! Thanks for the lovely post. X

Oh dear, what a shame, looks like I will never know, what will I do!

Looks like you got the girl wraped round your so charming finger. Well done.

I shall return now to my world of emptiness while you go on to reach those majestic heights. Well done, I shall praise you always your master highness,ha

p.s. Ciao!

Blog Entries

My attitude is "only a fool works for nothing". Unfortunately, in the "media-world" there are many fools out there who will work for free.

I'm not talking about "own work" here, as opposed to a project. So someone who spends every evening, weekend and minute of his/her spare time on something they feel passionate about, even if they're not getting paid, is worthy of respect. Someone who works, for free, on a commercial project for someone else, is a fool.

I also think that, if you want people to work for free, you could at least give a bit of your time explaining what the project is, what you've done so far, links to previous work and so on. A few lines saying "we want a mug to do our CGI for free" doesn't show much respect for the fish you're trying to catch.
    I'm sure that you really have got someone who worked on "Lord of the Rings" to answer your post

The media world is full of wannabees, people "in pre-production" of a project, in other words... bullshitters. If you looked through this forums's archive, you would have seen that we get dozens of "I'm gonna be a great film-maker and want people to do do my work for me, without pay" postings. We have no way of separating your request from the others. So don't get out of your pram "darling", you want something from us, yet can't be bothered to make a bit of effort (a) to read through our forums and (b) compose a comprehensive request, detailing who you are and why our members should be bothered to reply to you.

Give us a link! Show us who you are!

Okay, I'm back.
    If I have offended anybody, then truly I'm sorry, though shurely it isn't neccessary to be as offensive as somepeople have. If I wasn't interested, I would simply not reply.

Perhaps indeed I did 'get out of my pram', but the truth is yes, I'm a bit of a peace and free love hippy chic, and if I could ever do anything for anyone - I would.

I have indeed had contact from a young CGI Junior, that would be a silly thing to lie about wouldn't it, and yes, I am paying her fuel and expenses.

So, you want to know about me?
    I'm a 27 yr old Girl (woman if i shound like I'm hanging desperately on to the threads of youth)! And I work as an engineer, mum, & foster mum. (So you can understand If I occasionally sound tired and crabby!)

I live in Lincolnshire and was formerly a Photojournalist and wrote regular commedy colums 'Lu Looks At...' for the local rag.

I formed and managed an small time pop group called 'Posers' when I was 19, and then went on organize a non-profit making concert called Emunar 2004, which folded due to my lack of experience, total nievety, and my crappy local council.

I went on to write for local bands, and wrote for various local charities, and have spent the past year writing my first book 'How To Br a Hippie'.

I have only two tracks out released on YouTube and the links are below.

So, that's pretty much me, feel free to google the above, as I never have, and never will tell lies - I think my mum raised me better than that!

Lu

YouTube - oohahhlakama's Channel

I watched your video tribute to Gene Simmons, you must be a big fan of his? I would have preferred to have heard your voice without the audio post processing, could you do your next video without any audio effects so we can hear your voice? Your voice was overwhelmed at times with the music and was difficult to hear?

You were miming to it?, if you want to do that you either need to do it 100% or it just brings back really bad memories of bands and singers on Top Of The Pops 20 years ago miming. They got a lot of stick for it and rightly so.

Possibly better lighting in your next video, it is summertime, try and do your next video outdoors. Camera angles need to be changed, shot sizes need to be varied more and either move the camera deliberately or keep it still.

In music videos you can get away with using more transitions but don't go overboard, choose three that suit the style of music and its tempo and use them.
    Last edited by Nikosony; 06-24-2008 at 10:53 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast