Thread: Titles and Freeze Frames Shrink Aspect Ratio

Default Titles and Freeze Frames Shrink Aspect Ratio

So I just started having this problem with Adobe and I am clueless as of why. It started when I began capturing widescreen video. I cut up my footage, get it all ready on the timeline, export, and my product always screws up any titles or freeze frames. The video will be playing along perfectly fine in a 16:9 aspect ratio and then the second it goes to a freeze frame or a title, during that time period when that piece of footage is being shown, it shrinks to a 4:3 image or title. Or at least thats what it looks like. My project is in 16:9. I export as 16:9. Am I doing something wrong with the title? Its getting really aggravating.

If anyone understands my problem, please let me know how I can fix it. Right now I am uploading a piece of the footage to YouTube as an example. I will post the link when it has finished. Until then, if you need any more details on my problem to help me, don't hesitate to ask. Thanks.

Here is a link to a clip of video. This is an example of my problem. The second a title or freeze frame appears, the entire frame shrinks from a 16:9 aspect ratio to 4:3. In fact, now looking at the footage again, I don't even think that the aspect ratio is changing, its just shrinking. The entire frame just shrinks, almost like its zooming out........ Any help would be greatly appreicated

YouTube - Adobe Problems

Anything? Any ideas? Something! Please!

On Project tab, Right-Click on any titles & make sure that they're interpreted with the same parameters as the other, non-titled, clips.
    ~Applied Metaphysician~

Thanks for the reply Cold Winter,

I thought that was gonna work at first but it didn't change anything. Whether I change the Interpret Clip to 1.2 or .9 (16:9 or 4:3) for all clips and all titles, it does the same thing. I've made sure they're all matching and I'm still getting the problem.

Another thing that i've noticed is it does it to my transitions as well. So if I do a cross dissolve, the time period in which the cross dissolve is working, the screen shrinks and then pops back out when it has finished.

I'm exporting 16:9. My project is in the standard widescreen option for NTSC.

I'm going to keep messing around with the capturing and exporting. If you have any other ideas or something else to go along with Interpreting the clip, please dont hesitate to put it down.

P.S. Is there an option to universally Interpret the clip?

So just a little update. I exported footage that I captured at 4:3 (0.9) and successfully used a title. But that still doesn't solve my 16:9 (1.2) problem. Just doesn't make any since to me. I captured at 16:9. I export at 16:9. I interpret footage and titles at 16:9. My titles (and transitions) shrink.

Any other help would be appreciated. Thanks.

So I think I solved the problem.

I started a new project and set it to Standard instead of Widescreen. Then when I interpret my footage and titles, and export as widescreen, it looks fine. I'm just confused as to why I have to make a Standard project instead of a widescreen.

I dunno might be interesting to compare the preset files in a text editor (they're just XML with a different extension) and see if there's any glaring discrepancies; like "Let's screw with cokewithlyme's head & see what it get's us <g>"
    ~Applied Metaphysician~

That sounds like an appropriate line of text