Thread: Panasonic NV-GS320 Pixellating Problem

Default Panasonic NV-GS320 Pixellating Problem

I'm new to camcorders and recently bought my first digital camcorder, a Panasonic NV-GS320. I've been really pleased with the features of the camera, and also discovered Windows Movie Maker, which appears very user-friendly and ideal for a 'newbie' like myself.

As I've started transferring my video to the PC and editing it (both via WMM), I've noticed lots of pixilation on the final images, when viewed on a full screen preview, and when transferred to DVD and watched on our TV.

Unfortunately I've misplaced the cable which allows me to connect the camcorder directly to the TV, so I'm struggling to decide if the pixilation is coming from the 'raw' video image recorded on the camcorder, or if quality is being lost during the transfer or editing process.

Any help would be gratefully received!

Western Europe

Can you post a screen shot of the video showing this pixelation? On a new camcorder you shouldn't see anything like that. Have you used a new tape to do the recording with? Have you tried a tape head cleaner to see if the recording heads are dirty? I take it you are using a Firewire cable to connect the camcorder to the computer? Does the pixelation appear in every scene or just when someone is moving? More details would help.